PDA

View Full Version : My Hammies....

ct2191
05-14-2013, 11:02 AM
I just wanted to remember my old companions...

Humphrey- (My avatar)
I got him on the 2nd of February 2008 after begging my parents for about a month straight for a new pet. We used to have 5 cats, three dogs and 12 birds but they were all very old when I was born and by the time I was ten the last cat died at the age of 32!! I got Humphrey from a local pet shop and fell in love with the fact that when I first saw him two of his brothers were using him as a bed, he shrugged them off, tried to fit a whole monkey nut in his cheek pouch then had a drink after giving up. He turned out to be the biggest hamster I've had to date and was a long haired banded Syrian. He escaped from his cage twice and lived until he was 2 years and 2 months old- eventually dying of Kidney failure.

Henry-
Henry I got about six months after Humphrey as he escaped and I thought I lost him.. he turned up a day later and though my dad had said he would take him back if we found Humphrey he had fallen in love with Henry in about ten minutes flat. He was a nervous little fellow at first mostly thanks to the pet shop lady having no idea how to pick him up but soon came out of his shell. He loved my dad's lap and feel asleep one night when he was 2 years 8 months old and never woke up.

Keith-
Keith was the hamster I got after Humphrey. He was a Chinese hamster that the pet shop owner again had no clue about and had stuck him in the same cage as a baby syrian, causing him to have several minor injuries through fighting when I bought him home... or shall I say rescued him. He was always nervous but over time I got him to take food off of me and occasionally crawl onto my hands. He HATED being out of his cage and hid in his house every time I came to clean him out. He passed away on his second birthday, dying of old age.

Ivan-
Ivan was the second largest hamster and another I got out of that horrible pet shop. He had scars all over him and a patch of hair on the back of him that never grew back after being ripped out my his brother which they couldn't be asked to separate him from. He was also quite shy at first but became one of the friendliest hamsters I've owned after his wounds healed up. He lived for 2 years and 3 months, and again passed away of old age.

My current hamsters are Molly and Rory, and I hope I don't have to write their names on this thread again for a VERY long time to come.

Gazmo
05-14-2013, 01:20 PM
im sorry for your losses, but it sounds like they all had ong and happy lives. i love that you rescued all of them and they all hav their stories behind them

shiny
05-15-2013, 05:03 AM
Your hammies sound lucky to have found you and lived out their lives in your care. It is lovely to remember all those who we have been able to share our lives with :)

Pompompoms
05-16-2013, 06:02 AM
They sound like they found a great home with you and were well cared for and well loved. Play well little ones xx

souffle
05-17-2013, 07:18 AM
Play well at the bridge little ones.
Always remembered x