PDA

View Full Version : Freddie Has Cancer :(

BatKat
05-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Freddie our newest Syrian rescue has been to the vet as he had a hard lump in his abdomen. The vet suspects it is a kidney cancer and has told us to spoil him as he won't be with us for long. We have only had him 5 weeks :cry: He is still interested in food and isn't in any pain which is good but it does seem so unfair that he has now got a decent home after having such a bad start but won't enjoy it for long. Bless you little Freddie
http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w53/maserati7/DSC00383-1-1.jpg

Yaffle
05-27-2008, 10:23 AM
Awww that's such a shame, at least he will live out the rest of his days with you in happiness x

Spuds Mum
05-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Aww Jen, thats just awful :( I really hope that the tumour is a very slow growing one, and that he copes well for a long long time. Poor wee man :cry:
*hugs to you and Freddie*

agatecrystal
05-27-2008, 10:45 AM
aww thats awful, at least he will live out the rest of his days with you in happiness, goddess bless you Freddie xxx *hugs*

Bunsey
05-27-2008, 11:09 AM
poor little guy :cry:
it really sucks when they die not long after you've got them. it seems so cruel. i had a rescue who died a month after i got her and it seemed like she finally found happiness and it was taken away

souffle
05-27-2008, 11:44 AM
Aww Batkat what a pity. It is merciful that he does not seem to be in any pain and with lots of love and attention you really can live a lifetime in a short time. Sometimes little miracles do happen and hopefully he will be with you for a while yet :lol: Our little Runty lived around 9months after being diagnosed with an abdominal tumour.

jingdede
06-01-2008, 10:20 AM
treat him happily and he will have a happy life time.

BatKat
06-02-2008, 06:14 AM
Freddie is still with us, the tumour is growing rapidly but he is interested in food and coming out for playtime so as long as he is happy that's all that matters. He ran around this morning in his ball while i was cleaning out cages and seemed to enjoy it. Let's just hope he can carry on with his life for a while yet :)

sarahh
06-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Batkat I am so sorry to hear about Freddie poor litte guy. My hamster Tia died of that she was old. I had to have her pts as she screamed in pain. As the vet has said spoil him and give him whatever he wants until it comes to a time where he is in pain and doesn't want to know anymore. I am so sorry.

Take care

Sarah x