PDA

View Full Version : What is she?

katwal
04-13-2013, 01:28 PM
Sounds awful that I don't know what she is but when I got Tiddles from P@H they told me she was Albino, which I presumed was right, she is white with red eyes. However a few mins ago I posted on a thread which made me wonder - so I googled and now I am not sure.

She has a light grey stripe down her back, which is the dorsal stripe I think?

On this website : Dwarf Hamster Genetics (http://russiandwarfhamsters.tripod.com/hams/id2.html) it says Albinos are completely white with no dorsal stripe.
From their descriptions she sounds much more like an Argente she has the grey stripe and ruby (sounds so much nicer than red) eyes.

What do you think?

http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/9449/tiddles.jpg

Sorry the photo isn't that great, I've only had her a week and she doesn't stay still very long to get a pic lol. I have some videos on youtube too where you might be able to see better - link is in my sig.

kyrilliondaemon
04-13-2013, 01:30 PM
Honestly I'd assume a white hybrid. Hybrids can start one colour and end up completely white anyway - both Scruff and Timmy were practically pure white by the time they passed and they'd started as grey mottled and argente mottled.

katwal
04-13-2013, 01:40 PM
Lol, I'm sure I am becoming obsessed with all things hamster.
A few weeks ago if someone asked me what types of hamster there were I wouldn't have a clue, now I know the varieties - next step is learning the colours!

kyrilliondaemon
04-13-2013, 01:42 PM
lol good luck :) I'm still learning some colours but am good with the common ones by now

lisab
04-14-2013, 04:36 AM
I agree with your research. It is a very good chance that the colour would be argente plat :D

LolaMcMuffin
04-14-2013, 12:37 PM
She looks exactly like my little Luna, mostly white with light beige speckles!

Tutu
04-14-2013, 01:49 PM
I know what she is! Cutest furball ever:)

RachK
04-14-2013, 02:31 PM
I would say she was a argente platinum. She looks just like my Hamlet did. :)

katwal
04-15-2013, 01:18 AM
I know what she is! Cutest furball ever:)

:D Hehehe, she is that indeed.