PDA

View Full Version : Syrian hamsters in melton mowbary?

kat13/5/91
04-13-2013, 03:23 AM
Hi
my friend lives in melton mowbary and would like a pet syrian hamster from either a breeder or a reliable pet shop. She tried her local p@h and both the hamsters she has bought died from nasty illnesses (yes she took them to vets but there was nothing they could do)

This means i am looking to take her somewhere reliable and not too far away from her house?

(if there arent any in melton mowbary how far can a hamster travel saftely?)
thanks
kat

icklemunch
04-13-2013, 03:38 AM
Have you tried gumtree or preloved? Usually a few advertised on there. Either breeders or unwanted pets. My jeffro was advertised on preloved. A lady had rescued his mum and litter mates at 1 week old. I got him at 9 week old and he's perfect. Bonus was he was already tame.

slatted
04-13-2013, 06:53 AM
Hamsters can travel long distances as long as warm and well housed. As you probably know, some members of HC take their hams to shows and some even buy new ones from the continent so I would say that it is more about how far your friend is prepared to travel.

Have you contacted your Regional Hamster Club or considered going to a show where breeders often bring young hamsters for sale/rehoming?