PDA

View Full Version : Pet shop near Blenheim????

05-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Does anyone know of any pet shops near Blenheim (Woodstock/Oxford) that sell chinchilla sand?

I ran out the other day and haven't been able to find any (I drove to 4 different shops on Fri looking for it). I've ordered some online from Shane Todd and it was despatched a few days ago but hasn't arrived - I even went specially into my office this afternoon to see if it has come (its being delivered to work).

I know its not the end of the world but my poor little dwarfies love their sand baths and they're not getting any right now....how they can look so scruffy in 2 days I don't know!!

I feel like a terrible mummy. :( All I want is some Charlie Chinchilla.

I_am_plankton
05-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Woodstock doesn't have a pet shop and it is a fair way from Oxford. I would just make them wait to be honest as it's not really life or death :)

05-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Woodstock doesn't have a pet shop and it is a fair way from Oxford. I would just make them wait to be honest as it's not really life or death :)

I know I know, they're spoiled!! Very spoiled. And they have a mummy with no patience and a guilt complex. A bad combination!

If you do know any shops though, let me know....I'm travelling from East London so I go past Oxford on the way so I have no problems making a detour. I've driven a 5 hour round trip in the past just to buy chinchilla sand and Harry Hamster so a few extra miles isn't a big deal for me. :x

NaomiR
05-24-2008, 01:48 PM
surely someone can take you some sand ELC and put you ('cos the dwarfs aren't worried I can promise you :wink: ) out of your misery!!! :lol:

Basia
05-24-2008, 01:49 PM
I've got a bit in the bottom of the bottle type thing it comes in I could bring for you ELC. I don't use it any more. I will put it in my bag just in case. Its not very much but it might tide you over the weekend...

05-24-2008, 01:56 PM
I've got a bit in the bottom of the bottle type thing it comes in I could bring for you ELC. I don't use it any more. I will put it in my bag just in case. Its not very much but it might tide you over the weekend...

Oh Basia, I love you! Thank you so much!!! I owe you a coffee and a big fat cake or something tomorrow then.

My dwarfies love their sand so much, especially my little Campbell girls (they start rolling in it before I've even finished topping the dish up usually) so I feel so mean as now they're all giving me the "mummy, where's the sand gone?" look. :roll:

souffle
05-24-2008, 02:22 PM
You could try a garden centre and get silver sand (used for lawns) instead, It is just as good for the sand baths.

05-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Unfortunately, they don't really have garden centres near me as I live right in the centre of London (just near Brick Lane / Tower of London). I love where I live but that's the downside...people don't really have gardens and they don't really have pets. :( You can get a great cocktail at 4am, have a meal, see a band, go dancing or to a gallery....but hamster with sand bath requirements aren't so well catered for. :wink:

But....whenever I do see a garden centre (or pet shop) anywhere on my travels, I always stop and go in to see if they have anything suitable for my hams.