PDA

View Full Version : WARNING- extreme cuteness, coming soon!!

cloptonite
05-22-2008, 02:57 AM
I'd just like to announce that I am now the proud mum to two very cute little Campbells :D

I've been humming and haaing about dwarfs for a while, thinking that syrians were by far the better option as pets.
Well, I happened to zoom in on this little white one at a petshop yesterday............. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. He looked so busy and extremely cute.
I asked about their temprament. The girl explained that they can be a bit nippy ! However she was happy to handle him,and he was fine. Then I worried about getting one or two :?
I decided to get two :D
So we now have Gumble ( the black eyed white ) and Apricorn ( I think he looks Argente? )
They are currently living in a rody with lots of toys and a sand bath ( which Gumble seems to like!! )
They are only little yet, but there has been no squeeking as of yet!! However they do seem to sleep apart.

Can anyone tell me if there is a marked difference in the behaviour between male and female? It's just that I double checked at the shop that they were def males and she said they should be, the breeder sexes them.
Gumble is smaller and very much more active than Apricorn. Gumble has also nibbled my daughter whereas Apricorn has so far been a perfect gent, can't believe how mild mannered they both seem to be actually!
Just a bit paranoid that he may be female, don't really know why,perhaps it's all the posts you read about mis sexed dwarfs and unexpected litters.

Anyway, I will post pics soon,when they settle in.

cloptonite
05-22-2008, 04:19 AM
O.k, just to say that after a bit of surfing, I managed to find a very helpful video on youtube showing how to sex dwarfs!
I am now fairly confident that my little boys are both just that!!

Also, when I rudely disturbed them, they were sleeping together, awww.

souffle
05-22-2008, 04:40 AM
Congrats on your new additions. Looking forward to seeing the pics when they are settled :lol:

cloptonite
05-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks souffle!

Now, I have just read on another post, that chinchilla dust is no good for sand baths?? This is what I have put in for my little one's :?
Can someone tell me what they are supposed to bathe in?

Thanks x

Louby
05-22-2008, 09:10 AM
It should be Chinchilla Sand...not the Chinchilla Dust. :wink: