PDA

View Full Version : Joining Northern Hammy Club

Francescamice
05-21-2008, 03:12 AM
:D
Hi
Iam going to join the NHC next few days, so hopefully may be able to get to Lymm or the following show, Iam in Preston Lancashire and was wondering if there are any shows or Hammy events in the Lancashire area.

And yes, I will be entering Miya - my black dom spot - into the Pets Class once I join club.

Can I hire a show pen at the show? bring own shavings and food etc??
any advice for newcomers to shows please would be gratly appreciated.
cheers
Fran :D

internet_nobody
05-21-2008, 03:36 AM
Hi Fran,
For the pet class just bring Miya along in her own cage or a travel cage, make sure she has a bit of food and drink (but remember to take the bottle out on the journey so you don't get a damp hammy!) or a lump of veg to keep her hydrated.

05-21-2008, 03:40 AM
I know there's a show at Todmorden - so the Lancs/Yorks border...not too far from the M65.

Louby
05-21-2008, 04:38 AM
Heres a list of the Shows!

http://www.towyvale.com/shows08/shows08.html

Bunsey
05-21-2008, 09:35 AM
the northern ham club shows are all Yorkshire apart from Lymm :(

05-21-2008, 10:31 AM
the northern ham club shows are all Yorkshire apart from Lymm :(

Todmorden's Lancashire! Well, half of it is! It straddles the border. I only know because my Dad doesn't live too far from there and I intend to buy a little cottage in Todmorden in a year or two for when I finally move back up North (I'm originally from Lancashire). I've been planning it since Christmas so I couldn't believe my luck that they have hamster shows there! :D And its not too far to a rowing club. If I could just get my company to pay my two year's salary upfront without me doing the work, I'd move now!! :wink:

ilovemyhammies
05-21-2008, 10:37 AM
might see you at the lymm show
i dont live too far from you :x

Bunsey
05-21-2008, 12:40 PM
yeah, we went to Blackpool on holiday last October. only takes about 2 hours :D

is Todmorden where there was those murders? :shock:

ilovemyhammies
05-21-2008, 12:54 PM

we went away for the weekend to stoke (alton towers) last year and i have mate who,s got a pet shop there

as for the murders, there was a man murdered there early this year, then there,s this one ~ Harold Shipman, the G.P. who is believed to have killed over 200 patients in the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s, claimed some of his victims while working as a doctor in Todmorden, between March 1974 and September 1975.[4]

Bunsey
05-21-2008, 12:58 PM
yep that's the one, Harold Shipman. i read the biography. it was recommended by my pharmacy teacher cos we were talking about morphine.

lots of people stay here for Alton Towers, but i've never even been there. i hate roller coasters :lol:
some people come here to look at the pottery and stuff, too. yawn.

05-21-2008, 02:52 PM

we went away for the weekend to stoke (alton towers) last year and i have mate who,s got a pet shop there

as for the murders, there was a man murdered there early this year, then there,s this one ~ Harold Shipman, the G.P. who is believed to have killed over 200 patients in the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s, claimed some of his victims while working as a doctor in Todmorden, between March 1974 and September 1975.[4]

He must have been over on the Yorkshire side. :wink: Can't possibly be the Lancashire side!

I don't know why I'm being so picky - I live on the street where Jack the Ripper killed his first victim (and the walking tours outside my building every Sun morning prove it). :?

Bunsey
05-21-2008, 03:09 PM
He also killed tons of people in Hyde, Lancashire

05-21-2008, 03:13 PM

Now I'm tempted to make jokes about people from East Lancs (I'm from Central Lancs) but that would be in bad taste - and not fair to bore everyone on HC with Lancastrian village vs village bickering. Just shoot me now! :x

internet_nobody
05-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Is that close to the Hyde in Cheshire, Bunsey? Its Greater Manc now :P

Bunsey
05-22-2008, 12:19 AM
oh i'm rubbish at counties. Hyde nr Manchester. the ex-mill town. You drive through it to get to Brockholes show. well, i did anyway. people who went the correct route and did not follow google's micky taking direction propably didn't :evil:

ami_j
05-30-2008, 02:52 PM
i would love to go to a show but not having my own transport makes it near on impossible :(

Bunsey
05-30-2008, 03:30 PM
is there one in a city that you could get a train to?

souffle
05-30-2008, 04:01 PM
There is a train station in Brockholes amij :wink: There is a train every hour from Huddersfield. It takes 11 mins. Maybe next April we'll see you :lol:

arikata
06-01-2008, 09:41 AM

Indeed it is! I visit quite often as I have friends there and it is 5min train from me. I was there on new years eve a few years ago - never ever again!

internet_nobody
06-01-2008, 10:04 AM

Indeed it is! I visit quite often as I have friends there and it is 5min train from me. I was there on new years eve a few years ago - never ever again!

I was teasing Bunsey for her bad geography, Kat ;) I've always avoided Hyde like the plague, except when I wanted to go to the fun swimming pool!

08-19-2008, 11:07 AM
squee <3 bunsey where abouts in stoke-on-trent are you??? im in newcastle under lyme :D