PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Little Alice

PurpleVelvet
03-06-2013, 07:03 AM
Sadly our little bundle of fluff Alice has gone to play at the bridge.

We were away on holiday and left Alice with a hamster sitter who we have used before and trust completely. Nothing she could have done would have prevented it and although she feels terrible she is in no way to blame.

After picking her up on Saturday evening i noticed something was not quite right. We managed to get a vets appointment on Sunday thinking maybe there was something that could be done for her. Sadly she went down hill overnight. We took her to the vet anyway and with tears had to make the decision to do the best thing for her. The vet thinks she had a stroke. She lost the use of her back legs and was not eating. She only drank if i hand fed her with a syringe. It was not the way she should live her life and so we said goodbye before she started to suffer which was inevitable and only hours away.

We have opted to have her cremated and will be picking her up in a week or so so we can lay her to rest in our garden. She was such a big part of our life, loved dearly and will be missed. I’m just glad we got to say goodbye.

souffle
03-06-2013, 08:03 AM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It is a great gift to know when your little one needs help to the bridge. Alice would have flown free gently and is now at peace x
Play well at the bridge Alice x

DrKMcK
03-06-2013, 08:08 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. It's always difficult to let our little furries go when they really need help going to the bridge. My sympathy to you. I know you'll miss Alice so much :-(

Arraminta
03-06-2013, 08:09 AM
So sorry for your loss & you were so brave helping her to the bridge..

Play and run free little one

Arraminta x

AliKati
03-06-2013, 08:21 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this. It is hard to take that decision but ultimately, you know it's because you want the best for them. Play well over the bridge, little one. x

fluffydd
03-06-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm really sorry you had to say goodbye to Alice xxx

chulasweetchica
03-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Very very sorry for your loss RIP sweet Alice.

shiny
03-08-2013, 03:39 AM
So sorry about Alice :(

Such a tough decision to make but we have a responsibility to think of their quality of life & you knew her best so I'm sure it was the very kindest choice.

Best wishes to you,

shiny

Pompompoms
03-08-2013, 03:28 PM
So sorry to hear about Alice, play well lovely little girl, you were well loved xx