PDA

View Full Version : Tubs for Syrian babies to go home in

Tammy22
05-19-2008, 02:55 AM
Hi Everyone,

some of you already know that i was having difficulty getting some tubs for the Syrian babies to go home in.

I managed to get two tubs from a local cafe, but they had a horrible yellowish discolouration which i though i could fix with a good soak in bleach, but, no, the colour was still there and they looked horrid!!

I went shopping yesterday and found some tubs which i thought were great! They are clear and have a lid which has a little handle - they looked great and were only £1 each, so i bought 10 of them!

I am hoping they are going to be big enough :?

They are rectangular: 6 inches by 8 inches, and they are 5 inches high.

Are they going to be big enough? I think they will be ok as they are only going to be used during the journey home.

Here are some pics of one of the tubs, modelled by one of the Syrians i am falling for :oops: - i may be keeping him, and calling him 'ZigZag' 'Ziggy' for short!! :D (because of the line in his band!)

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w164/gypsy19_2007/Roborovskis/20d6cec1.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w164/gypsy19_2007/Roborovskis/ca9a1263.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w164/gypsy19_2007/Roborovskis/cf812c6e.jpg

Of course they will have plenty of holes drilled in them and will be filled with bedding, a little food, and small piece of fruit :)

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Tammy x

I_am_plankton
05-19-2008, 02:59 AM
Tammy they are a great size!

Jean was telling me that the best places to find tubs are from a local chip shop - ask them to save up their gravy and curry sauce containers (they come in large tubs that make up litres and litres of sauce!)

Holly
05-19-2008, 03:45 AM
They look great and very professional - I'm sure anyone who takes one of your babies home will be keeping the container as a travel box! 8)

I wonder if Makkro sells bulk buy tubs?

Tammy22
05-19-2008, 03:54 AM
Thanks IAP and Holly,

you have reassured me now :)

I thought they looked quite professional too :)

Tammy x

Bunsey
05-19-2008, 04:26 AM
that's brill Tammy. what shop are they from? I'm nearly finished on my first tub of ice cream.

i'm going to be 100 stone by time i re-home my babies.

question though... if i sell them at a northern, don't they provide tubs?

Maisydae
05-19-2008, 09:23 AM
I think they look really great! I would continue to use it as a travel box too.

Tammy22
05-19-2008, 09:26 AM
Hi Bunsey,

do you know Cannock at all?

They are from a shop called 'Big D's Discount Store', which apparently used to be called 'Carol's Disount' - do you know it?

They have tubs ranging fom this size to absolutely massive, with wheels on too, so great for Bin Cages!!

Tammy x

Spuds Mum
05-19-2008, 09:50 AM
that's brill Tammy. what shop are they from? I'm nearly finished on my first tub of ice cream.

i'm going to be 100 stone by time i re-home my babies.

question though... if i sell them at a northern, don't they provide tubs?

Northern do provide carry cases Bunsey, yes. Although the cost of these does come from the cost of the animal, but it saves eating 30 stone of ice cream for each litter! (Guess who doesn't like ice cream?) :D

Bunsey
05-19-2008, 10:24 AM
i've heard of Cannock, but never been. i know there's somewhere called Cannock chase. my knowledge kinda stops south of Stafford. :oops:

That's good if the northern provide tubs. I guess if you bring your own you make more on the hams, but i think i won't bother. it's not like the hams get you a profit or anything anyway :lol:

Ness
05-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah they are great, I nearly got something similar while I was in somerset, those I did have the room in my bags, and travelling on the tubes with lots of bags is hell.

Basia
05-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Wow, those look great. I too am begging tubs from our local sandwich shop. They have been saving up the 2kg margerine tubs for me but I'm not sure they are tall enough.
I wish we had one of those shops here.

souffle
05-19-2008, 03:39 PM
You can sometimes get a slightly bigger size from the Pound shops which may be an option. My sister got a hagen type carrier recently in Tescos for 99p which would fit a baby syrian.
Northern supplies a Hagen carrier with each hammie sold. If you can get the tubs from local shops/cafes then the recycling option is really a good one.

Louby
05-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Lots of people talk about the Hagen carriers. Anyone have a photo or know where you can get them from?

Bourne Valley Hams
05-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Hagens are just a brand name for the plastic tanks that most of us bring our sales hamsters in. They come in varying sizes from very small to huge. You can get them at most pet places though they may not be labelled Hagen!! Mark usually has a stock of the small carry box size on his sales table.