PDA

View Full Version : Skitzee

Jambeth
02-18-2013, 01:47 AM
Skitzee passed away three weeks ago. He was a very sweet hamster. Strangely, he didn't like his ball, but he loved being held, and would often fall asleep on my chest. He was nearly two years old, and and was very loved. It took us a while to find something that he liked that he could use to naw his teeth down on, but we eventually found some apple flavored sticks that he liked. I miss him dearly.

shiny
02-18-2013, 03:55 AM
Sorry about Skitzee :( he sounded like a lovely boy & so cute to fall asleep on you. Hope you are doing ok.

souffle
02-18-2013, 06:22 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. He was clearly much loved.
Play well at the bridge Skitzee x

The Hamster's family
02-18-2013, 06:29 AM
Sorry for your loss... He loved you and felt secure with you and he showed you by falling asleep on you ! You two were lucky to find each other... Hope your heart feels better...

Sleep tight, little man... Enjoy the Bridge and all its goodies...

Annie xx

Pompompoms
02-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Oh I'm sorry :( it sounds like you had a lovely bond with Skitzee, and he trusted you very much. Play well little one xx

Silver
02-21-2013, 09:27 AM
So sorry for your loss of Skitzee

Run free Skitzee xxx

Jambeth
02-24-2013, 04:25 AM
Thanks so much for all the responses. It's nice to know that others understand.

DrKMcK
02-25-2013, 05:37 AM
So sorry for your loss. Having him sleep on you showed the trust Shitzee had in you. I know you'll miss him. :-(

Jambeth
02-25-2013, 06:23 PM
I do miss him, and find myself comparing my new hamster, Zoey, to him, which I know isn't right.

DrKMcK
02-25-2013, 06:47 PM
I just wrote about Zoey on your other post. I'm glad you have her. It can make it easier to deal with the loss to have another hammy who needs you. I think we all compare a loved hammy to another one. Zoey will find her place and Skitzee will always have his in your heart. I am 58 years old and my first gerbil, Henry, who I had when I was about 8 or 9, still lives on in my memory. It takes time to grieve, even for a sweet little hammy.

Jambeth
02-25-2013, 06:55 PM
Yeah, thanks for saying that. It makes me feel better. Their personalities are so different. Skitzee hated his ball, surprisingly, but Zoey loves it. Skitzee liked alot of bedding in his nest along with a little bit of cardboard, and Zoey likes a little bit of bedding and a little bit toliet paper.