PDA

View Full Version : Satines Litter BORN 17th May

agatecrystal
05-17-2008, 03:05 AM
Satine's litter were born this morning!
yay! It was really funny, I was kidding myself actually, I was sat in bed and saw satine get up and come stretch upright againest the cage bars. I thought 'ooh, she looks a bit thin I wonder if shes had her babies' so i walked past and there was a nest full! I couldn't believe it!
YAY! She looks to be feeding them really well, she is bent round so as not to squash them. I should have noticed that she didn't her rice pudding last night for a reason lol. She never says no to rice pudding. yay!

EDIT - Satine just left the nest open to have some rice pudding hehe. Hads a quick look and there are at least ten, maybe a couple more but I notice one that wasn't moving. She's doing so much better than thorny already. She used to just sit on the babies and satine is making sure she doesn't sqaush them bless.

Basia
05-17-2008, 03:08 AM
That's great news Agatecrystal. Congratulations Satine! So many new pups - it must be Spring. :D

Holly
05-17-2008, 03:09 AM
Brilliant news - congratulations :)

I always find my mums stop eating just before they have their babies too.

Rellen
05-17-2008, 06:35 AM
Congratulations!
A nice size litter :)

souffle
05-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Well done Satine :lol: Just leave mum to deal with any 'non movers' It may just have been asleep or may have been born dead but mum will dispose of it so don't worry.

Mollz
05-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Congratulations - How exciting :D

Spacemonkey
05-17-2008, 09:59 AM
Yay babies! Congrats :wink:

agatecrystal
05-17-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks everyone it deffinetly is a baby boom at the moment isn't it? In a couple of weeks it will be a triple unveiling on satines litter, pudding's litter and the minimars!
Just went up to give her some wheetabix. She was sat in the corner and had left about 5 uncovered about 4 inches away from her so i began being a typical worrier: How long have they been left uncovered? When were they last fed?. After she moved, they all kinda shuffled back to the main group where mummy was :)
When she saw me put food in, she ran straight over to it and uncovered a big mass of babies! a lot better than the 2 that thorny had left!. I noticed one of them was really big! he must have been hoggin a teat all day! lol.

agatecrystal
05-18-2008, 05:41 AM
Thorny leaves the nest open constantly when she goes out, and seems very proud when i have a quick peek.
When she just left the nest, I had a little look to see all the little heads looking up at me waiting for mum to come back all 12 of them! 12! :D :D :D lol I think my heart melted when one of them was looking at me and let a big yawn aww :D

ilovemyhammies
05-18-2008, 06:16 AM
congratulations
good size litter and born on my sons birthday :x

agatecrystal
05-21-2008, 11:42 AM
I've noticed it from sunday, when they were just one day old but now it's more noticable that there are a couple of pink ones and some darker babies. There seems to be as many as when she gave birth which is good. They are very noisy, in the company of the hams, evry couple of minutes when of them is crying lol. :D

agatecrystal
05-21-2008, 01:48 PM
:D Shortly after posting my last message, I managed to sneak a peak at the babies whilst Satine was busy eating her rice pudding.... I saw at least 2 gorgeous little pups that are bands! they are gorgeous! one has got the exact markings of the mum with a line done the white part of it's back! :D :D :D

Holly
05-21-2008, 01:49 PM
That's brilliant, I'm so glad they are doing well, and things are turning out better than last time for you. It's very exciting, isn't it?! :wink:

Spuds Mum
05-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Aww congratulations AC - I apologise but somehow I missed this post altogether!

Way to go Satine, it sounds like you have produced some lovely pups, including a little satine 'minime' :x

souffle
05-22-2008, 03:56 AM
Oh how exciting that you have some little bands! looking forward to seeing them when they out and about :lol:

agatecrystal
05-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Don't worry I'll make sure to post piccies once their eyes open! They have changed so much in a couple of days and even overnight. There are a few deffinate goldens with little white cheek crescents and some lighter pups and around3 or 4 bands.
I'm really upset, as I went up to feed satine earlier and spyed a quick look on the pups and one of them has got a GAPING hole in it's neck. Its scabbed up, but its still a hole and I know it won't survive, I thought I was prepared for this, but just shows you never will be as a hamster lover! I was prepared that a few might die but to see it hurt was just horrible :( . It was a gorgeous little band too with three golden dots on it's back :(

Basia
05-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry, that is very sad.
I have lost quite a few of my last 2 litters and I guess its just natures way but I do feel for you. It's hard not to get attached to your little ones, I do too.
They sound like a lovely litter, I wonder what the lighter ones are?

Spuds Mum
05-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Oh Ac, how awful, but you know the pup may survive if the hole has scabbed over. In our golden litter, one of the pups was obviously picked up by Mum in a strange way and actually had a huge gaping hole in the top of his head - so I know just how you feel. It did start healing quite quickly though, and wihin about a week to 10 days, was just the tiniest little mark, which was then covered by hair.

Lets hope your little pup is just as lucky x

agatecrystal
05-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Thanks for your comments :D you made me come to my senses a tad and realise the little one may still live!