PDA

View Full Version : Robo Squabbling

flogging_molly
08-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Okay, i've had the Robo's for like a week nearly now and a couple of them are having some quite aggressive squabbles.

I just wondered if i was maybe stressing them out by handling them everyday?

Should i be worried?

babyboos
08-05-2005, 02:04 AM
As long as you are handling them all so they all get your scent mixed in with their own and each others then this should not be causing too much of an issue - have you been able to get hold of any chinchilla sand for them yet for their potty area, they will pee, poop and bathe in here which again helps to mix all their scents together. Think seriously about a second or even better third wheel for them. Keep them busy with lots of things to play on/in and supplement their diet with high protein foods.

Emma
08-05-2005, 10:50 AM
What size cage are they in, and what toys etc do they have in there? I would definitely have at least 2 wheels if not 3 like babyboos said - I have 2 in for my pair of girls and it does save a lot of squabbles. I think the key is to make sure there's plenty of space and plenty of things to do, to minimise anything that could start a squabble. Make sure there's lots of places to hide - nests, tubes, boxes etc so they can get away from each other - an area of deep shavings so there's somewhere they can really dig, and a sand bath. It might also be an idea to have food in several different areas and an extra water bottle in a different area too.

Once squabbles get out of hand separation is the only answer, so do try and nip it in the bud now. Of course they may still fight whatever you do - they are only babies and are just growing up - but you can give it your best shot.