PDA

View Full Version : Bye Hugo (aka The Fat)

RachK
01-23-2013, 08:55 AM
As you all know Hugo passed to the bridge yesterday afternoon. I am heartbroken. Even though he had had a tumour for a while, he was still his usual happy self although a little slower, which was to be expected since he was old. I'm so happy he only became ill on his last day & quickly passed.

Hugo was 25 months. He was a wonderful little fella, a true chubster. I'm going to miss him so much. I've buried him half an hour ago & have placed him next to Huxley. I held on all day, but the tears flowed when I had to have my final cuddle. :(

Losing him has again made me question having hammies their lives are so short so it's so hard when we lose them. But I just can't resist those round balls of fur. I just hate feeling so sad. :(

I'll just finish with some pictures as usual I am rubbish at words.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb138/RachK_album/Hugo/DSCF4165.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb138/RachK_album/Hugo/DSCF4021.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb138/RachK_album/Hugo/DSCF6175.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb138/RachK_album/Hugo/DSCF6363.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb138/RachK_album/Hugo/DSCF2095.jpg

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb138/RachK_album/Hugo/DSCF9141.jpg

Bye my beautiful boy. xxxx

Silver
01-23-2013, 08:59 AM
I am so very sorry Rach,

Hugo was a true chubster

Run free Hugo

Many gentle hugs Rach

Silver, Jan & Amy xxx

evel_lin
01-23-2013, 09:00 AM
RIP lovely boy

racinghamster
01-23-2013, 09:39 AM
He was a lovely boy. It`s heartbreaking when they go and it never seems to get easier with each passing. But what we do for them in life is so important to their happiness and each one is special.

Night, night little Hugo. A beautiful chubby little man. x

shiny
01-23-2013, 10:15 AM
What a beautiful boy, I love when they do the 'ball of fluff' look. I'm sorry you are feeling so bad just now, it is always tough when you lose a pet but all the wonderful times & memories will hopefully help you to feel better soon.

With very best wishes,

shiny x

AliKati
01-23-2013, 10:41 AM
He was such a gorgeous little fluffster. I loved his little personality and poses. I'm so sorry. Play well over the bridge, little one. xx

Pompompoms
01-23-2013, 11:47 AM
Hugo was such a special little one, I think what has always come across in your stories about him, and his pics is just how happy and content he was, and a big part of that was down to you.

You'll be missed lovely big fluff xxx

The Hamster's family
01-23-2013, 12:54 PM
What a beautiful boy... =( I sincerely hope your heart will heal up soon... *hugs from Canada* You clearly loved him and I'm sure he felt every bit of it. He is now a Happy Rainbow Hammie and is probably smiling down on you...

Play well at the Bridge, little one... Blow a kiss to that special someone you left behind...

Annie xx

Biscuit
01-23-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm so sorry. He was clearly loved lots and lots.

Play well at the bridge little one. You will be missed. x

kyrilliondaemon
01-23-2013, 02:56 PM
I'm really, really sorry he's gone. He was a great little guy and I'll miss him.

Play well Hugo

Petite1
01-23-2013, 03:17 PM
What a lovely little fellow, Hugo will be looking down from Rainbow Bridge saying thankyou for loving and caring for me, please dont be sad i had a happy time with you mum x RIP Hugo

Hope
01-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Such a gorgeous chubster. :( Play well little man xx

TraceyH
01-23-2013, 04:12 PM
How cute he was, I love the last photo. Don't be sad, think of the great two years he had with you, and you with him. I'm sure he knew he was adored and cherished.

DrKMcK
01-24-2013, 05:20 PM
What a cute little furball. Those are great pictures. I tell everyone I know that I will always have one rodent or another along with at least one dog. Their lives may be short but they add so much to mine. I grew up disabled and animals have always been a big part of my life. All they ask of us is love, food and safety. For that they give us laughter and happiness. They teach the magic of life and death to children in a gentle way. I worked with families, couples and children for many years and gerbils were great little therapy animals because they were so unthreatening. As far as I am concerned, your feelings of sadness and loss just show what a fine person you are that a small little animal can touch your heart. If feeling sad is the price we pay for loving them, I'd say it is worth it, because what would the world be like without the ability to love?...even a small little furball like Hugo?

RachK
01-25-2013, 12:43 AM
DrKMcK, Thank you what a beautiful comment. :)

Kaztrekie
01-25-2013, 03:34 AM
So sorry on your loss Hugo was a very cute little guy
Run free on the rainbow bridge Hugo

shazzy
01-25-2013, 03:41 AM
Hugo was the dearest little boy. He'll really be missed by everyone. Sleep well little man xxx

souffle
01-25-2013, 05:36 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. He was an amazing character and a true heart ham. I know he will be sorely missed x
Play well at the bridge Hugo x

Hamtastic
02-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Lucy and I are so very sad to read Hugo's memorial. Hugo was probably the most handsome winter white I had ever seen, especially in his "full white coat" days. Huge thoughful eyes, gentle manners. I hope his new life at the Bridge will reunite him with his friends. R.I.P., Hugo <3

RachK
02-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Lucy and I are so very sad to read Hugo's memorial. Hugo was probably the most handsome winter white I had ever seen, especially in his "full white coat" days. Huge thoughful eyes, gentle manners. I hope his new life at the Bridge will reunite him with his friends. R.I.P., Hugo <3

Thanks so much Hamtastic. I am missing him so much. He's left a huge hole in my heart. He did have the most beautiful eyes. They never even clouded over like a lot of our other old Winter Whites have.

I've moved Herbie into his Gabber Rex which was originally Huxley's too. :)

RachK
02-03-2013, 11:25 AM
And I'll say thanks to everyone else again too. xx

Jodzie04
02-04-2013, 01:07 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, he looked like he had a wonderful life with you and was a big character!
R.I.P

Arraminta
02-04-2013, 01:52 PM
Sorry for you loss!

Play well at the bridge little one x

Hugs

Arraminta x

psl
02-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Ah sorry to hear he gone
it such a shame they only live few years but if you think in their life it is a lot longer
may he rest in peace now and enjoying the bridge