PDA

View Full Version : Goodnight Robbie...<3

Nikkigrace
01-21-2013, 08:50 AM
I didn't think I would be writing one of these any time soon, infact writing one had never even crossed my mind. But it is with great sadness that I have had to say goodbye to my little Robbie, who unfortunately passed away on Saturday afternoon. He had been unusually sleepy and slow on that morning so I had been keeping a very close eye on him...I was by his side when he passed and I am forever thankful that he was not on his own.

This was the very first photo I took of Robbie, the day I went to p@h and made the mistake of looking in the adoption centre. It was love at first sight, I knew I had to take him home.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/nikki282/IMG_7899.jpg

When I adopted him, p@H could give me no clue of his age at all, all I knew was that he had been returned to them after being the victim of fighting from his brother, which was apparent from the damage to his ears.

Robbie was only with me for 8 weeks in total, and I can only hope and pray that he had the best 8 weeks of his life while he was here.

He was a speedy little man and totally loved his wheel, I sat and watched him running for many hours...

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/nikki282/2142_zps22bddaa6.jpg

The last few weeks have been a difficult time for me, and Robbie certainly brightened my darkest days...always managing to put a smile on my face. We certainly bonded a lot in the short time we had together and I hope he knew that he was helping me in some way, just as much as I was helping him and giving him a happy home.

These are some of the last few photos I took of Robbie before Saturday

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/nikki282/262_zps7e672e96.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/nikki282/258_zpsec3ad1fd.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/nikki282/255_zpsa9944bd7.jpg

Words can't describe how much I loved this little ham and how much I wish we had more time together before his time came. But I will hold on to the fact that we helped each other in times of need and I have amazing memories of that short but sweet time.

Robbie you will never be forgotten and there will always be a special place in my heart for you. <3

RIP Robbie <3 <3 <3

neily
01-21-2013, 08:54 AM
:( he was adorable! I have no doubt that you gave him the best life you could have. I shouldn't read these, i'm such an emotional person and end up crying :(. RIP Robbie.

The Hamster's family
01-21-2013, 08:58 AM
Ohhh.... I'm very sorry for your loss hun... I strongly believe that animals do feel when they owner love them... I'm sure he is greatfull towards you for giving him a secure and warm home... He finally could enjoy a life of joy, fun and happy playtimes ! He knows you saved him from dangers and that you protected him... He will keep on guarding you, from the Bridge... May your heart feel the love he has towards you, still...

PLay well, little man... Send a kiss to that special someone you left behind and keep an eye down here until the get togeter time...

Annie xx

racinghamster
01-21-2013, 09:23 AM
What a lovely memorium you wrote for Robbie Nikkigrace and I could feel your sadness coming through the words. It`s tragic that he has been taken from you in such a short time. :( He looked so happy and healthy. You gave him eight weeks of joy and companionship and that`s what matters. When we rehome little adoption hamsters, it`s a second chance for them and a wonderful thing we do to give them that lease of life that they might not otherwise get.

Me and Rocky (robo) send our condollences Nikki and hope somewhere out there, you find another little one just like Robbie to love in time. xxx

kyrilliondaemon
01-21-2013, 09:28 AM
I'm really sorry you've lost him... It was great of you to take on a rescue though and I know he'll have loved the time with you.
Play well Robbie, I'm sure Skip'll look out for you over the bridge

shiny
01-21-2013, 10:25 AM
I'm so sorry :( Robbie looks absolutely gorgeous in these photos & surrounded by so much love & great fun things to do in his cage & playpen. He can have had no doubt how loved he was. I am so glad you gave him such a happy home even if it was only for a short while. Eight weeks is a long time in the life span of a teeny hammie, what a fab end to his days he spent with you :)

Petite1
01-21-2013, 10:36 AM
So sorry for your loss short but sweet. RIP little Robble play well at the Bridge x

Nikkigrace
01-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Thank you so much everyone, the support on here is great :) certainly what I need at the moment...

Just thought I would share this final picture with you all, we braved the snow and laid our little Robbie to rest on Sunday morning outside the front of the house.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/nikki282/IMG_8788_zps2353a18a.jpg

jesselle
01-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Lovely, lovely memorial :)

Robbie always looked so happy in all the pics you posted. He definitely bonded with you in his own robo way, always inquisitive and always happy to see you!

Sleep tight Robbie xxxx

petal10
01-21-2013, 01:36 PM
So sorry - it feels like only yesterday that you got him :( You gave him a lovely memorial though.

Poptart
01-21-2013, 04:43 PM
I'm so sorry. He was such an adorable little man. I'm sure those eight weeks were everything he could have wanted xxx

gutterglitterxx
01-21-2013, 05:01 PM
A very beautiful tribute.
So very sorry for your loss.
Play well, run free, and sleep tight Robbie. xx

AliKati
01-22-2013, 10:10 AM
I'm really sorry. Sometimes they're taken so soon. I only know he had a wonderful time with you. Play well over the bridge, little one. xx

Pompompoms
01-22-2013, 10:32 AM
So so sorry Nikki, it's so unfair that he was with you such a short time :(:(. I know in that time he had a wonderful owner who loved and cared for him, and gave him everything he needed though. Play well lovely little Robbie, there are many little robo friends for you to make up there xxx

souffle
01-25-2013, 05:31 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. He was a special ham and your tribute is beautifulx
Play well at the bridge Robbie x

DrKMcK
01-25-2013, 07:36 AM
I'm so touched at how much Robbie meant to you in his short time sharing your life. What a wonderful day it was when you did look Robbie's way and fall in love with him. When he needed someone so much, you were there for him. Your pictures and your lovely memorial show just how lucky Robbie was. And he certainly gave back in giving you joy and happiness. I wish you both had had more time. So sorry for your loss.

Nikkigrace
03-27-2013, 06:01 AM
Hope nobody minds me bringing this thread up again but I just wanted to say that I still think about Robbie a lot, especially with all the snow we've had recently. I wouldn't have been by Robbies side when he passed away if it wasn't for the fact I was snowed in at home, I also battled with the snow to bury him so all this snow we've had the last few days just reminds me of my little Robbie.

I hope that wherever he is, he knows that he opened up my heart to robo hamsters and it has led to great things with Autumn and Winter and now the baby pups also! I won't forget him, or how he changed my life :)

Just one more photo of him, this one makes me smile :)

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o259/nikki282/261_zpsca0fa161.jpg