PDA

View Full Version : Coco passed away today

gcwebbyuk
01-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Coco, our 18 month old syrian female passed away today.

She had been struggling with a chest/respiratory infection for a week, and had been given baytril and a pro-biotic to try and help her, but it was to no avail.

We woke up this morning to find her more feeble than before, and had intended to take her back to the vets. I held her on my lap and wrapped her loosely in a towel to try and keep her warm until the vets opened, but she gave up the fight at about 9.30. It was very upsetting to watch her pass, but we felt a little relief to know that she was no longer suffering. She has now moved on from her Hamster Heaven cage to the big hamster heaven.

We already miss her deeply, and keep looking at her cage feeling sad.

We think we will take on another hamster shortly, not to replace Coco, as she was simply irreplaceable, but to give another hamster a nice home.

RIP Coco :(

A link to some of the photos we took of Coco over the time she was with us (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gcwebbyuk/sets/72157628737974197/)

slatted
01-20-2013, 05:29 PM
I am sorry for your loss.

Play well at the Bridge Coco.

I can understand your thoughts about a new hamster. I always think that I need somewhere to direct the love that has nowhere to go when a loved pet dies and it does not replace the beloved pet when you get a new one it just gives your love a new place to go.

Lougarry
01-20-2013, 06:00 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. Run free, Coco.

MrsRuxpin64
01-20-2013, 06:09 PM
So sorry for your loss, she looks to have been an absolutely beautiful and lovely little hammie. Play well at the bridge gorgeous girl, xx

chulasweetchica
01-20-2013, 06:13 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss and sadness. Be free and have fun at the bridge Coco blow mommy a kiss.

The Hamster's family
01-21-2013, 05:25 AM
Very sorry for your loss... Like you said, she is no longer suffering... Hope your heart heals up pretty soon...

Play well at the Bridge, little Coco... Blow a kiss to that special someone you left behind...

Annie xx

Kaztrekie
01-21-2013, 05:32 AM
So sorry for your loss,run free on rainbow bridge coco

racinghamster
01-21-2013, 08:47 AM
Very sad to hear your little one passed on. She went over near those who loved her and I always like to allow that where possible as it`s natural. I`m sure Coco will always be with you and when you do decide to give another hamster a loving home, Coco will approve, I`m sure. x

neily
01-21-2013, 08:58 AM
RIP Coco :(

gcwebbyuk
01-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Thanks all for the kind words. She was a lovely girl, and will be missed.

Hoping we can give the same care and attention to our next arrival.

gellerbing
01-21-2013, 04:21 PM
rip coco :(

petal10
01-21-2013, 04:28 PM
So sorry for your loss - she was such a gorgeous girl and obviously very loved.

DrKMcK
01-23-2013, 01:46 PM
So sorry your hammy, Coco, passed away. My beautiful boy, also named Coco, died about a month ago. His brother, Puff, died the week before. They were both about 2 2/12 years old. I wish they lived longer. I still have Patches, a younger black and white Hamster. Hope you get another one soon.

gcwebbyuk
01-25-2013, 02:26 AM
Thanks everyone, due to the weather, we have been unable to bury Coco yet, but plan to bury her under the apple tree in my parent's garden on Sunday.

We couldn't live without a little bundle of fur and fun, so please welcome Rhubarb (http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/introductions/37973-rhubarb.html#post470410)

souffle
01-25-2013, 05:34 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You tried you best to help her but sadly it was not to be. I'm sure she knew how much loved she was x
Play well at the bridge Coco x

DrKMcK
01-25-2013, 07:07 AM
Besides loving my pets I love my garden. Besides large patio pots of colorful flowering plants, I always have my Morning Glories. This beautiful vine grows up all my fencing, creating a private place that I adore. In one spot I have a shepard's hook which holds a bird feeder. The morning glory vines grow up the hook, arch over to the fence and then continue on up into a tree. This creates a tunnel of heart shaped leaves with trumpet shaped flowers in pink, white, blue and purple. This is where my little friends rest when they pass away. Everytime my eyes fall upon that spot every one of my hamsters and gerbils come to mind. Kyle, Smokey, Frosty & Mama, Cinnemon and her three grey sisters, Ash, Soot and Ghost, Slate and Onyx, Blaze and Sandy Bear, my tiny little Pip, Chip and Dale, and most recently, Coco and Puff. They're all there, in that pretty spot and always in my memory.
Under an apple tree is such a fitting place for your Coco. It's a lovely tree with spreading branches that provide a shady spot in Spring, Summer and Fall, and stands sentinel in the Winter months, marking Coco's resting place. I'm so glad that you've welcomed Rubarb into your home.