PDA

View Full Version : Red and Black eyed Syrian wanted ......

Harry the Hamster
05-10-2008, 02:32 AM
Red and Black eyed Syrian wanted

If anybody could help me find a Syrian with 1 Black eye and 1 Red eye i would be deeply greatful. I know it will be hard to find but im sure there is or will be one out there. ive tried all the petshops in the yellow pages with no luck but im sure one will pop up sooner or later.

I_am_plankton
05-10-2008, 02:36 AM
I've never seen one! They must be very rare, if at all in existance. Can I ask why you want this? Because if you were going to breed, you could just breed a REC to a BEC...

ami_j
05-10-2008, 03:00 AM
odd eyes do pop up and they are really cute imo lol
i missed the chance to buy one and im regretting it now
good luck in your hunt...
anyone got any clue how odd eyed happen? like what genes etc?

Rellen
05-10-2008, 05:54 AM
I've seen two ;
one in a pet shop,
and one on my breeders website!

But he's in canada, toronto.

Harry the Hamster
05-10-2008, 06:24 AM
I've never seen one! They must be very rare, if at all in existance. Can I ask why you want this? Because if you were going to breed, you could just breed a REC to a BEC...
My Harry is a mobile/internet video Superstar and has his own live webcam, he is/was loved by thousands worldwide and i know he cant be replaced but maybe just maybe i can find another. He has been on sky tv and Big Brother last year and i had just started his magic training before he passed away
I animate pictures to make moving talking videos which have strong language but if anybody wants a picture of the pet to talk then let me know

i also did one of willow for Big john at Breakfast with Hallam F.M

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=umXCAGIjBqg

nooboo
05-10-2008, 07:08 AM
the only way i know to get an odd eyed hamster (either one black one red or like some of my doves one dark red one lighter red) is to have a hamster that has cinnamon in it, and also has a band ar is dom spot, and even then its only some of them that have it, which is why its rare, but does seem to breed true to some extent, doro does have one eye darker than the other and so did his father, and so does his son. though not all the banded hamsters from those litters had it.

you will need then to be looking for a cinnamon, dove, honey etc, a colour that has cinnie in it and also the hamster will be banded or be dom spot.

on second thought i think if the hamster simply carries cinnie and has a white pattern of banded or dom spot it can have it, but would make more sense for searching to seek out those breeding cinnie colours to increase chances.

sarahh
05-10-2008, 07:41 AM
I can't say I have ever seen one either. They must be like the Murle collie they have 2 different coloured eyes.

Bunsey
05-10-2008, 10:39 AM
i've only ever seen them in books and 1 time someone brought a pet to a show. I thought it was a bit freaky really

05-10-2008, 11:10 AM
I can't say I have ever seen one either. They must be like the Murle collie they have 2 different coloured eyes.

Actually no - merle collies (and shelties) have blue eyes.....that's why the colour is actually called a blue merle....but occasionally (as with people - David Bowie!), sometimes a dog is born with one blue and one brown....obviously a dog like this would never be considered for showing purposes. Not sure about a hamster! :wink:

ami_j
05-10-2008, 11:20 AM
i was hoping my latest litter would have an odd eyed in it but sadly no. going to be on the look out for one now lol

souffle
05-10-2008, 11:37 AM
If you have a look her
http://www.hamstercentral.com/user.php? ... ticle&a=31 (http://www.hamstercentral.com/user.php?action=viewArticle&a=31)
roll down to eye and ear colour there are two hammies with odd eyes shown. Minicoopers banded cream Hammis and a Honey domi spot.

ami_j
05-10-2008, 11:41 AM
thank you :)
a friends little brother had an odd eyed i just think it looks cute :)

Spacemonkey
05-10-2008, 11:42 AM
OMG! Thats you behind those videos is it? I've seen those ones of Harry, they are hilarious but certainly too rude to post on here! :lol:

Good luck on your quest, I had 3 odd eyed in my last but one litter, they are really cute.

souffle
05-10-2008, 11:45 AM
I asked Andrew Bryan about showing odd eyes and he said it was perfectly OK as long as the eyes were each correct for the colour and pattern. They would just be marked as normal.

Bourne Valley Hams
05-10-2008, 11:48 AM
It is quite common in cinnamon banded hamsters, particularly those of pet trade origin for some reason. The eyes are both red but one eye is much pinker than the other. I think they look rather scary!! :shock:

Harry the Hamster
05-10-2008, 11:50 AM
OMG! Thats you behind those videos is it? I've seen those ones of Harry, they are hilarious but certainly too rude to post on here! :lol:

Good luck on your quest, I had 3 odd eyed in my last but one litter, they are really cute.
*cough* thats me :D

Harry the Hamster
05-10-2008, 02:50 PM
by the sounds of it, its going to be a lot lot harder than i thought :(