PDA

View Full Version : Bambi, I'm proud of him

Bambi
05-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Bambi died today.
Adopted on March 10th, that's one day after my birthday. I remember getting him, and holding him in the car. He was shy, but after a few weeks of getting to know each other, we were great friends. I remember one day after school, I had a bad day. Everything seemed to be going wrong, but when I went upstairs to my room, Bambi came down to see me and made everything better. With his big black eyes and his little pink nose, there's nothing he could do that couldn't make me laugh. Except for this, that is.

Why am I proud of him? He was a little fighter, that's for sure. He survived a good 5 days with a respiratory illness, eyes swollen shut, a giant tumour in his side, and breathing difficulties. I'm proud of him, he made it through that, but in the end, it took over him, and the little guy went to sleep, and never woke up.

I'm happy he died the way he did, I just wish it wasn't at this time. He was too young, only over a year in age. I'm happy that it was painless for him, and any pain he has is now gone.

:( But in the end, it left me choking on tears. I'm holding him in a towel, holding his paw. It's worse than I thought, losing a hamster!

May you rest in peace, Bambi :(

sarahh
05-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Hi hun I am so sorry to hear about Bambi. You gave him a good life adopting him into a loving caring home. You did the best you could for him and there wasn't anything else you could do. He was young yes but he had a good life with you.

R.I.P Bambi Play well.

Sarah x

Spacemonkey
05-07-2008, 09:33 PM
Rest in peace Bambi, a fighter till the end x

Spuds Mum
05-07-2008, 10:59 PM
Im so sorry to hear little Bambi passed away after fighting so hard to stay with you.

Sleep well little Bambi x

Lolo
05-07-2008, 11:47 PM
Poor baby :(
You gave him a lovely life and nows hes resting and not in pain anymore take comfort in that.

It`s so hard to loose them i know.

PinkEmily
05-08-2008, 12:26 AM
So sorry to hear about your bad news. RIP Bambi. :(

souffle
05-08-2008, 12:30 AM
Aww Bambi I am so, so very sorry. You still have Bambi though, tucked away in your heart and memory where he has left his loving pawprint forever. It never gets any easier no matter how many hammies you have. Each one is special and unique and loved for itself.
Rest in Peace Bambi. Play well at the bridge :cry:

Holly
05-08-2008, 01:42 AM
I'm so sorry. :(
Sweet dreams little Bambi.

agatecrystal
05-08-2008, 02:29 AM
Rest in Peace Bambi :(

Mollz
05-08-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm so sorry that little Bambi has gone. You looked after him so well and he fought so hard to stay with you, but it was obviously time for him to go and you can be peaceful in the fact that he is in no pain and running free now.

Rest In Peace Bambi :cry:

Basia
05-08-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm so sorry - *hugs* to you, it is hard to lose a much loved friend. You will always keep your memories of your little man.
RIP Bambi :cry:

Gust0o
05-08-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss, but what beautiful, vivid, memories you have of your time together - I'm so happy you had that.

RIP Bambi, play hard at the bridge.

suga
05-09-2008, 10:10 AM
:-( rip little one

jayne
05-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Sorry to hear about Bambi

RIP Bambi x

pophammy
05-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Oh no, so sorry to hear about Bambi. It is obvious from your post just how much you loved him, and I'm sure he knew that. R.I.P little one. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bunsey
05-10-2008, 11:01 AM
oh poor Bambi. he didn't have very long with you, but i'm sure he was greatful for the time he did have. He would've known he'd found love