PDA

View Full Version : DIY Hamstertoy

Toluol
12-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Hi,

when my family moved christmas meeting all shops were closed, all my friends were with their families, I felt really really bored.
( I looked up almost all words in the following, hope you understand me :rolleyes:)
So I looked in my basement, found a rest of 100 x40 cm poplar plywood and took my jigsaw.
I also bought cheap wooden pegs some time ago to tinker (is this really a fitting word?!) something for my hamster.
I have no idea if you get this stuff as easy and cheap as we do in Germany, but maybe you will like the idea and make something from it.
In Germany it is very common to build so called "racetracks" (flat surface) ore "adventure bridges" (not flat) what I made.
I glued ( uhu express wood glue is the german version) the pegs in random waves and made a bridge about 20 cm high and drawed this line on the plywood.
I cut out a random form from the half of the plywood (matching my line) and copied it once.
I glued pegs and plywood together.
Than I decided, that it looked poring, took out my napkin, glue once more and put the napkin on the front of the bridge.
The result is one meter long and 20 cm high and will be placed in the playground outside. Its far away from being perfect, but a nice first try.
Hope my Hamsters will like it :)

janiemoo
12-27-2012, 07:55 AM
That is great ,hope your hammy likes it.

Josh
12-27-2012, 09:01 AM
I love it!
Unfortunately I have to concentrate on schoolwork because I'm only young, so I'm not allowed far on my own to buy this stuff so I just stick with the simple things!
Very good though, I would do something like that if I had the materials

evel_lin
12-27-2012, 10:12 AM
Looks fab! I'm sure your hamster will have lots of fun with it :)

Dandelion07
12-27-2012, 10:17 AM
You are so clever!

(und du kannst sehr gut Englisch schreiben!)