PDA

View Full Version : Hello,its me!

i-love-paddy
08-02-2005, 05:52 AM
Hi, I'm new here but regularly post on PWS and HH under my usual user name of ems.

I have kept hamsters for 15 years and currently have 10 beautiful hamsters.

Truffles-sable female

Paddy-long hair cinnamon(my special boy)

Daisy-grey female

Byron-long hair sable male

Gypsy-sable female

Noah-yellow dom spot

charlie boy-satin golden

Phoebe-golden dom spot

Madison-cream long hair-recovering from wet tail

Ruby-cinnamon-recovering from wet tail

As you can see, I love Sables! But also any hamster actually!

I also have 2 daughters, aged 9 and 2.

SnuggleHam
08-02-2005, 06:14 AM
Hello Ems!! Or would you rather I called you i-love-paddy? :oops: Anyway welcome to the forum! I think Iv seen you on the Rainbow Hamstery Forum, you are a moderator there?

Well I am very glad to have you with us, I think you will find our forum and moderators very positive and helpful! Both Emma and Babyboos are very good at answering all posts made on the forum, I try to do the same myself but I do get busy with other things :oops:

Wow hamster for 15 years that quite a long time, You must be quite knowledgeable about the furry guys, I hope so because I’m always excited to have another knowledgeable member active on my forums, I think its great when people can be provided with help from knowledgeable people.

I had a sable once, but she died of wettail I believe :( I thought she was beautiful.

Well I hope to see your participation here on the forum! But it sounds as though you are busy in other places as well.

:)

babyboos
08-02-2005, 06:17 AM
I wondered when I saw the name Paddy if it maybe yourself who was our newest member YEAH :lol:

It is such a sweet name for a hamster and not one which is commonly used as far as I am aware .

Thank you for popping along, I hope you will be a regular contributor to HC with your great chat and assistance. I wish you all the best with your little hammy girls - I know this is a tough time and you have all our love and support. I am sure everyone here woudl llike to wish them both a full recovery. Let us know how they get on and if there is anything we can do to help. I am glad you caught this before it had a chance to spread to all your beautiful babies - that would have been totally heartbreaking. I remember the epidemic which spread through the hamster fancy a few years back and never cried so much in my life.

We love seeing pictures and your guys are so photogenic it would be cruel not to show them off to us so please when you get a chance the Syrian Section would love you to display them in all their glory :oops:

Best of luck with Pet Lamb Hamstery - have you been participating in any shows yet?

i-love-paddy
08-02-2005, 07:06 AM
hi, just call me Ems! i wanted my username to be i-love paddy because bascially I love him! and get fed up with using the name ems.

My 2 little girls seem ok-Ruby def better, madison getting there.

Im also a mod on Rainbow hamstery!

will post pics asap

babyboos
08-02-2005, 07:40 AM
I bet your girls love having so many hamsters to help you look after - I would have at their age the most I had before 11 was three, and one of those was a rescue :oops:

i-love-paddy
08-02-2005, 07:48 AM
yeh, Niamh loves my long haired hams especially paddy and byron. i wont let her touch the younger ones yet as they are still jumpy.

Aislinn LOVES paddy-she calls him and hand feeds him food through the bars of his cage. i dont let her hold them but she does gently stroke their fur. I think its very important that children learn to love and care for animals at an early age.

SnuggleHam
08-02-2005, 07:59 AM
I wish my mother was more of an animal lover, I bugged her for months and months to get my first hamster when I finally did, your chidren are lucky to have a parent that loves animals :) Im sure they learning allot of responsibility helping to care for them.

babyboos
08-02-2005, 08:08 AM
Oh what lovely names I am sure they are pronounced different from they look, Niamh is like nave in a church I think normally her in Scotland, but not sure how you say Aislinn? Do they have special meanings?

I totally agree with you these years are really important and with parental supervision hamsters can be very beneficial to a child. If it were not for the support of my mother I do not know if I would have hamsters now? I may have found some other interest and be a hobby wood turner or something :? (My dad does this :wink: so please do not think I am saying there is anything wrong with wood turning)

i-love-paddy
08-02-2005, 08:32 AM
Niamh and aislinn are Irish names as my mum was irish and it was important to me to keep Ireland firmly in their lives if that makes sense.

Niamh is pronounced 'Nieve' and in Irish legend she was a fairy princess.

Aislinn is pronounced 'Ashling' and in irish it means dream or vision. :wink:

babyboos
08-02-2005, 10:21 AM
Oh how lovely and nice to keep a family tradition like that.