PDA

View Full Version : Treat Challenge Tutorial!

Josh
12-22-2012, 08:55 AM
I just did a simple little treat thing for Josh, which I thought of entirely myself. Something similar has probably been done by someone somewhere, but I haven't used any other resources.
You will need:
Empty toilet paper/kitchen towel roll
Scissors
Treats
Instructions:
1. Cut some 'flaps' just about a centimetre or less wide but don't cut far into the roll, about one inch in so they are just little flaps, but don't move them yet. Make sure they are still attached to the roll. Do this both sides but make sure the cuts on each side don't meet.
2. Bend them in. On top of eachother, one by one, fold each flap down, not inside the roll, just so it makes a snug cover over the end. Do this with ONE SIDE ONLY.
3. Put the treats in. Simple! Some people also put shredded/ripped toilet paper or some of their hamster's bedding in for them to add to their nest and sort between treats and bedding/toilet paper. Put them in through the open side.
4. Repeat step two by folding the other side in.

Make sure it's tight enough! There's no need to glue either.

Oh yay!
My signature finally works!
And I didn't want to put a real pic of Josh because he doesn't like having his pics taken.

xkellyx
12-23-2012, 05:24 AM
I just tried this, this morning. Peter was out and about at the time luckily, so when I showed him it, he went nuts for it. But then, he accidentally hit one of the slats and it made him jump, bless him.

Josh
12-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Aww poor Peter, but I'm glad he went nuts for it, maybe you could cover the slats with something as long as Peter doesn't chew it or inhale anything, he should be fine.

xkellyx
12-29-2012, 12:59 PM
He still hasnt touched it :(

Im going to open one end tonight and see if that entices him to it a bit more.