PDA

View Full Version : Need help?...

Iluvhamsters2012
12-20-2012, 12:44 PM
I need help on making my own hamster house for my hamster to give birth in... so it has to be safe, i need to know what to get? how much? and tips on what to include within the house. I need it to be the best hamster house there is but not to wideso it will blend in with the house but can be tall and also need it to look good and have many levels! Thanks

evel_lin
12-20-2012, 12:46 PM
House as in cage? Or house as in a little house inside a cage? Have you seen the threads for making bin cages?

Iluvhamsters2012
12-20-2012, 12:49 PM
Houses as in a bin cage but need like a step to step.

StarlightSerenity
12-20-2012, 12:50 PM
I need help on making my own hamster house for my hamster to give birth in... so it has to be safe, i need to know what to get? how much? and tips on what to include within the house. I need it to be the best hamster house there is but not to wideso it will blend in with the house but can be tall and also need it to look good and have many levels! Thanks

I'm assuming you mean cage...

Many levels and tall doesn't equal safe for pregnant hamsters or pups.

You know you will need a lot more than one cage and a lot of space if you want to breed right? And time. And money.

What cages are your Syrians in at the moment? Mums cage may already be suitable.

Iluvhamsters2012
12-20-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm assuming you mean cage...

Many levels and tall doesn't equal safe for pregnant hamsters or pups.

You know you will need a lot more than one cage and a lot of space if you want to breed right? And time. And money.

What cages are your Syrians in at the moment? Mums cage may already be suitable.

Yes i do mean cage and yes i know i will need a lot of space for a hamster and pups but i want a few story high cage and i will just put like a blocker on the top cages so the pups and mum don't go up there then once 8 weeks i will put them in homes and if i have any left i will make each individual small cages and wait till i sell them. my syrians are in several different cages but there abit bored and its basic!

kyrilliondaemon
12-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Er.... Hold on. Are you seriously telling me that you want a tall cage for breeding a hamster? Seriously? That height and levels is the important thing? Really?

Cupcake
12-20-2012, 11:12 PM
why would you want a cage with a few levels if you're blocking off the levels anyway? isn't it easier to just make a regular bin cage? :confused:

Lougarry
12-21-2012, 12:22 AM
There are tutorials on making bin cages on the Wiki and stickied in the Housing section of the forum.

Iluvhamsters2012
12-21-2012, 08:43 AM
K thanks for all the help and have decided not to breed my hamsters so there is no need to make a bin cage thanks anyway

linford27
12-21-2012, 08:44 AM
Yes i do mean cage and yes i know i will need a lot of space for a hamster and pups but i want a few story high cage and i will just put like a blocker on the top cages so the pups and mum don't go up there then once 8 weeks i will put them in homes and if i have any left i will make each individual small cages and wait till i sell them. my syrians are in several different cages but there abit bored and its basic!

You may 'want a few story high cage' but this is simply not good for the mum or pups.
A suitable place for a mum and pups would be a bin cage, a zoozone, perhaps a tank. It's about having plenty of space without the levels.
If you used a cage with a few stories high, you are taking a risk. What if a pup falls? Or mum falls? Or the pups have trouble getting around, they cannot get to mum? (and you cannot pick them up).
You really need to reconsider your whole attitude to breeding, do whats best for the hams rather than just what you want.
Linford

EDIT: I just saw you have decided not to breed. I think you are making the right choice, so thank you for thinking about it. Once you get more hamster savvy and have some suitable hams, you can always look into it again.

Silver
12-21-2012, 08:52 AM
K thanks for all the help and have decided not to breed my hamsters so there is no need to make a bin cage thanks anyway

Good For You.

That is a really good idea, well done

Silver xxx