PDA

View Full Version : Hello I'm new to this site...

jennifer01
07-29-2005, 12:27 PM
and I'm new to the hammy world. I have never had a hamster, but would like to get one (or two), but want to do some resurch before getting one.

I hope to make friends with lots of hammy lovers and learn lots about them :)

Love Jenny and her pets :D

furrynavel
07-29-2005, 12:42 PM
Hi Jenny,

I am new as well. Have a look about at all the articles, I have really learned a lot since joining here and I have found a hammie!

babyboos
07-30-2005, 01:47 PM
Hello Jenny

wow how does it feel to be member 101 to Hamster Central? :lol:

I hope you have a great time here and any questions please do not hesitate to ask them in the relevant sections. We are holding a hamster writing contest just now please check it out and feel free to contribute all levels of knowledge and experience are welcome.

jennifer01
07-30-2005, 01:53 PM
I'm afraid I have no experience... :lol: I have never had a hammy before.....just researching now :) he he

Do you know of any Portsmouth based hammy breeders?

Jenny

SnuggleHam
07-31-2005, 06:46 AM
Welcome to the Forum Jennifer!

I’m so glad to see you are being responsible about doing all your research before buying or adopting a hamster, it's always refreshing to see that in people. And if you’re looking for information, help and advice, and to make friends with fellow hamster owners you have certainly come to the right place!

Glad you have joined us and hope to see you about on the forum :)

babyboos
07-31-2005, 09:03 AM
I know of Julia Reyanrd who runs a Small Rodent Rescue and Petsitting Service in Portsmouth called Animal Magic. Her email address is [email protected] and phone number is 01392 663750.

You could always see if they have any hamsters first and then work on your stepdad to take you in exchange for doing some chores etc. Not sure if the RSPCA is closer to you?

RSPCA-Portsmouth & South East Hampshire Branch 174/176 Ranvilles Lane, Stubbington, Fareham, Hants, PO14 3EZ Tel: 01329 667541 (http://www.stubbingtonark.org.uk/)

jennifer01
08-02-2005, 03:47 PM
thanks everyone :) when i decide 2 get a hammy...i will get one from a rescue :) thanks

look 4ward 2 getting 2 know u all:)

thanks

babyboos
08-03-2005, 03:53 PM
I hope you hang around and keep asking questions - it is the best way to learn - speak soon :wink:

jennifer01
08-03-2005, 05:46 PM
don't worry... you cant get rid of me that easily..lol

I will keep hanging around here... it's a lovley site :) already learnt so much from here :)

jenny