PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Idea's

StarlightSerenity
12-09-2012, 04:02 PM
I have these -

http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac86/StarlightSerenity/KGrHqVHJBkFBR0-nyn2BQUfELj60_3.jpg

I've had them for ages but other than a couple sitting in ham cages the rest just collect dust. Luna was never interested, Hobbes isn't and I doubt Evey will be either.

Any idea's as to what I could do with them? String them up or something? Seems a waste for them to just sit in the hamster box.

kyrilliondaemon
12-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Maybe put them on a treat kabob? The hams may still not be fussed, but then they'd possibly have a go to try and get them out of the way when going after better treats on it.
Both our syrians like kabobs :)

StarlightSerenity
12-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Ooo good idea :D *adds to shopping list* lol. I did something similar with Luna, got a video of it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fipNStUyhWg&feature=share&list=PL5B3F5514E36A83E1 (can't imbed the video for some reason...)

kyrilliondaemon
12-09-2012, 04:27 PM
lol that video is fantastic, at one point it looked like she was hugging it :)

Stockannette
12-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Make a little ramp out of them?

indianna
12-10-2012, 05:23 AM
I made some stairs out of them for Cookie instead of a ramp..xx

StarlightSerenity
12-10-2012, 05:27 AM
lol that video is fantastic, at one point it looked like she was hugging it :)

Haha I know what bit you mean :D It's one of my favourite videos of her :D

@Stockannette and Indianna - I'm being dumb as I've only just woken up (by the postie with a parcel for Evey!), how would I make a ramp or steps? Evey's shelf has come and the ramp for it is massive, not so keen on using it so if I could do something else instead that would be great.

Stockannette
12-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Haha I know what bit you mean :D It's one of my favourite videos of her :D

@Stockannette and Indianna - I'm being dumb as I've only just woken up (by the postie with a parcel for Evey!), how would I make a ramp or steps? Evey's shelf has come and the ramp for it is massive, not so keen on using it so if I could do something else instead that would be great.

I'm thinking popsicle sticks and non-toxic wood glue. There are some very crafty HCers on here who I hope will chime in.

bonkers4hamsters
12-10-2012, 08:57 AM
I drilled a hole onto one and cable tyed it onto where my ham used to bar chew, it worked a treat!

indianna
12-10-2012, 01:54 PM
I will get a photo to you as soon as i can find my camera lol..

gellerbing
12-10-2012, 02:00 PM
I drilled a hole onto one and cable tyed it onto where my ham used to bar chew, it worked a treat!

thats what i did to mine too :mad:

DwarfHam
12-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Make a stari to nowhere :D
Is this wood olied or is it natural? :)