PDA

View Full Version : I've had to seperate my robos

NaomiR
05-02-2008, 05:41 AM
One of the girls had a tiny mark on her back at the beginning og the week, I had her out last night and it just looked like a bit of dandruff, well this morning she has a huge wound on her poor little back.

I feel dreadful that I didn't take her out before, it's obviously a bite, and quite a severe one :cry:

Any ideas what I can put on it to help it heal? I've got Hibiscrub is that any good for cleaning it?

05-02-2008, 06:52 AM
I think tea tree oil is supposed to be quite good.

souffle
05-02-2008, 07:30 AM
I would advise you not to put anything in the water. Just use plain cooled boiled water. If a robo were to lick hibiscrub or others antiseptics it could be poisonous. Humans know not to lick it but our little friends don't. Bathe once only then leave to heal naturally. Keep a vey close eye for any sign of infection and take the hamm to the vet at any sign of oozing, weeping, swelling, yellow or greenness. It is a Bank Holiday weekend so if you are in anyway suspicious I would visit the vet before you need an expensive holiday emergency charge! Most heal very well though it may take a few weeks. Hope she does well

chase
05-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Hope she gets better soon. Perhaps give her few vitamin drops in water to help with the healing process. :(

NaomiR
05-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Oh yes thank you chase she's got Pro C in her water already, I thought it wouldn't hurt :wink:

I didn't put anything on the wound yesterday, just bathed it in warm water and this morning it looks clean and dry. So I'm hoping you are all right and it will just heal naturally.

My vet's open this afternoon and they're quite used to me dashing in at the last minute so I'll check her before I go to work and if it looks a bit dodge at all we'll pop round.

Thanks for your help, I'll let you know how she goes, apart from being lonely I think she's fine :D

littlemissdwarfhamster
05-03-2008, 01:15 AM
Hibiscrub is great for an inititial cleaning or for the cleaning of dirty wounds/abcesses but you dont want to use it over a long peroiod of time as it can damage the skin.

If I have any (which I usually do) I use it on a wound as soon as I find it then dont use it again, unless the wound gets worse.

agatecrystal
05-03-2008, 01:50 PM
I think she should be taken to the vets I mean some dirt could ahve gotten into the wound that you cant see or hair and is causing an infection. I think the safest thing is to go to the vets.

NaomiR
05-03-2008, 01:55 PM
we will go to the vets if it gets any worse or hasn't got any better by Tuesday.

BUT I've just had her out (again, poor thing will be sick of me!) and she's looking a lot better.

I'm not as worried as I was but I'm certainly keeping a close eye on her :wink: