PDA

View Full Version : Truffle Créme, Forever The 'Prince' of The Bobtails

Erin Loves Dwarf Hamsters
12-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Grandma Truffle, our oldest roborovski, our first roborovski.

We got you on the 29th of December in 2010, you and Cookie as a pair and you were both so beautiful! We were told you were boys and so I named you Truffle Créme Prince of Bobtails - Bobtail was my nickname for roborovski dwarf hamsters because of the tiny white tails you all have. You were named Truffle after Galaxy Truffle chocolate bars - my favourite at the time.

9 Months later we found out you were both girls but I never wanted to change your name, it was quirky!
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/553631_3836928249156_1831281049_n.jpg

The one thing I will always remember about you is the way you doted on your sister, you would take her food, make the nest for her, clean her... you were the best! When Cookie passed away in 2011 you took the hit hard. You were living with sisters Kiku and Jení to help you cope and decided to use your mothering skills on them, this seemed to give you a lot of comfort which I knew you needed.

This is my favourite photo of you and the girls, you were sat guarding them while they slept beneath you and it's how you earned the nickname Grandma.
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/576481_3781052932308_424092059_n.jpg

When your eyesight became bad you began to get stressed with energetic Kiku and and incident between the two of you lead to you being separated from them. You would live on your own for the rest of your life.
http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/182125_4013890313097_1227500014_n.jpg

Over the months that followed your eyesight got worse until you went completely blind, you still tottered around as best you could though! A sweet little old lady with a heart of gold. Never misbehaved, never messy, always an angel :)

In the last few weeks you also went deaf and your weight dropped to below 20g, you had always been a big 30g+ girl so I knew your time was close. Your days didn't have many activities in them any more. Blind, deaf, weak and frail meant that your life consisted of getting up, eating, drinking and going back to bed. It was then that I knew, when you were ready to go I would be happy knowing it was the right time.

I watched you chewing the side of your dish last night thinking of how ridiculous you were and wondering if you knew what you were even chewing :lol:

We were out Christmas decoration shopping today so I wasn't with you when you passed but I found you curled up in your nest so you must have gone in your sleep. That's all I could have asked for.

I'm glad such a peaceful hamster had such a peaceful passing, I'm not sad that you have gone because it had to happen one day and in truth I am happy that you were so old and you lived such a good life. For the first time I can write a memorial without tears as I know you are so much happier now. You have your sight, hearing and health again and most of all you have your beloved baby sister. :)

Goodbye Truffle my beauty. Two years and two months of amazing memories xxxxxxxxxx

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/260373_2074387306734_5930406_n.jpg

kyrilliondaemon
12-01-2012, 12:46 PM
A peaceful passing for a wonderful ham. Play well at the bridge Truffle, you had a great long life and it was fantastic to hear about it all.
I hope you're happy reunited with Cookie

Mona's Humans
12-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Run free Truffle x

Call me Alison
12-01-2012, 12:58 PM
play well truffle xx

jesselle
12-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Sleep tight truffle - what a lovely memorial :)

Hamtastic
12-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Rest in peace, dear Truffle. I remember when we though you were a boy, and Dora thought you were going to be her beau. But Dora was not too sad to learn that Truffle turned out to be more like a distant fellow cutie to share fur styles with :) I will always remember you as a gorgeous robo who did not a single bad photo.

souffle
12-01-2012, 03:19 PM
What a charmed life Truffle led. No hamster could have been more loved or cared for and I am so sorry she has left you Erin.
Play well at the bridge Truffle x

Queen Of The High Teas
12-01-2012, 03:30 PM
What a beautiful little hammy she was, I'm sorry you've lost her. Sleep tight Truffle, young and well again forever. x

RachK
12-01-2012, 03:37 PM
So sorry again Erin. What an awfully sad day for you. :( Another beautiful tribute for a cute little lady. RIP Truffle xx

Flamestriker
12-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Play well at the bridge dear Truffle..,and keep an eye on Thistle for us

So sorry Erin xx

Michelle89
12-02-2012, 11:13 AM
So sorry for your loss Erin your tribute to little Truffle had me in tears. Play well little cutie your back with cookie now xxx

Ellisxxx
12-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Rip truffle, play well at the bridge xx

HammieandMerlin
12-02-2012, 12:22 PM
What an amazing story, and memorial, she sounded like a truly amazing hamster. I'm so sorry for your loss x

Pompompoms
12-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Grandma Truffle you lovely lady, matriarch of the Bobtails I will miss you beautiful. As a robo you held a special place in my heart, and as a Bobtail even more so. You lived a long life with the best of care as a Bobtail life is a happy life. Play well at the bridge little one, health and vitality restored. Find your hamily there, and there are some lovely pompoms waiting to meet you, perhaps you and Whizzbit can discover your new world together xxx

Erin I'm so sorry, such a huge hit in one day. I don't know why but for me new life has always brought a pompom passing, I really hope it isn't the same for you. Take comfort in your gorgeous babies, and be proud you gave your little ones the best lives xx

petal10
12-02-2012, 02:20 PM
So sorry for your loss, what a character.

The Hamster's family
12-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Sooo verry sorry for your loss... but also very happy that peace as taken over your soul... Very happy for you...

Rest well, grandma... Enjoy the Bridge...

Annie xxx

Erin Loves Dwarf Hamsters
12-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Erin I'm so sorry, such a huge hit in one day. I don't know why but for me new life has always brought a pompom passing, I really hope it isn't the same for you. Take comfort in your gorgeous babies, and be proud you gave your little ones the best lives xx
It's strange but I was talking to Dan about this the other day, when Fatty arrived we lost Cookie, when we made a date for picking up Tatty and Cwtch we lost Pippy and now the litter has arrived we have lost our old ladies. It seems like it's almost impossible for us to have more than 10 hams.

At least I have always had a new ham to help keep me occupied I guess.

racinghamster
12-03-2012, 04:55 AM
Night, night wee Truffle, you were a gorgeous wee robo and will be missed. x

Jodzie04
12-03-2012, 05:22 AM
Play well at the bridge little girl. R.I.P

cathface
12-04-2012, 08:43 AM
I'm so sorry that you had two go over the bridge so soon :( RIP to you too, Truffs.

Womblehands
12-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Goodbye lovely little one, I do hope you are ok Erin. They had an amazing life with you x

Hammymad
12-04-2012, 05:06 PM
So sorry for your loss Erin,thinking of you xxxx