PDA

View Full Version : Love you, Carley.... always

GemmasMom
11-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Carley
I hope you know your mommy loves you. I am at a loss of words now really. I feel bad I won't be able to give you the proper memorial you deserve, but I wanted to do it now rather than later.

You were mommy's little Car. The tiniest little ham I had ever seen. You were the smallest of the girls but definitely not small on personality! You spent quite a few hours in the time-out bin. Probably more than the others combined! You weren't a bad little girl... just wild! The others didn't know what to do with you sometimes!

Another special thing mommy will always remember about my Car is that you were the protector of the girls. Anytime you would hear a noise, you HAD to investigate while the others stayed put safe in their beds. You were not afraid to "ATTACK" mommy if you were worried for the girls. You never made mommy bleed... but bit just hard enough to let me know that I shouldn't sneak up on you guys and disturb you! You also were the one to build a bed in the wheels while your sisters watched and/or slept in the bed as you made it ;)

You were a brave girl until the end. We had your scare with your bloody bottom. I think you liked the attention and your nickname bloody bottom. Then you probably thought mommy was just so silly! I thought my Car was having babies. That is what mommy is most sorry about. You just got so big, so fast. Mommy didn't know any better. I wish I would have known sooner. I am so sorry I had to let you go today. I didn't want to do it. I wanted to take my Carley home and play with you for as long as I could. But your eyes were shut. You were moving, but I could tell that it hurt you. The vet said that you weren't full of babies but it was some sort of liquid. Mommy knew she couldn't take you home with me. I am so sorry baby girl. You are in the ground next to your family but your spirit will live forever. You at least can be with your family now... Cyleigh, Callie, and Chloe... and your "grandma" Gemma. Watch over Caylee please... and Sunnie too. I love you so much Carley and will never forget you.

Love ALWAYS,
Mommy xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

kirsandherbz
11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Play well at the bridge little one. So sorry for your loss, sending love in your direction xx

petal10
11-26-2012, 03:25 PM
So sorry, you did the right thing.

kyrilliondaemon
11-26-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm really sorry, you did everything you could for her and I'm sure she knows. Rest well Carley

GemmasMom
11-26-2012, 03:50 PM
Thank you, everybody....... I am very upset, but I couldn't bear to let her suffer once I knew she wasn't pregnant :( I am so sad looking at Caylee sleeping alone... she doesn't deserve this... from 5 hams to 1.

gutterglitterxx
11-26-2012, 03:54 PM
I am so sorry for your loss.
Take at least some comfort in know you did the kindest thing.
Play well, run free, and sleep tight Little Carley. xxxx

vanilla-yazoo
11-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Oh hunny! I just came on to check how the vet trip went, I know it's sad, but she is free from pain now, she knows you helped her, that you loved her that much you would help her on the way. She will be playing over the bridge now with her mum and sisters x
I am so sorry x

GemmasMom
11-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks guys.. I have been just thinking what if she would have gotten better????? :'( I mean maybe they could have drained her belly of the fluid.. idk. I miss her so much my ornery little girl. Caylee misses her too. She has been running basically nonstop since the vet visit :(

The Hamster's family
11-26-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm soooo sorry hun... Thius makes me sad... very sad... Just hope she'll send you the energy you need to go through this. She is not suffering anymore... and she's probably thanking you for freeing her from the pain she had. This was the kindest thing to do, in love for her... I'm sending you hugs and I'm hoping you'll get to feel better soon hun...

Run free, little one... Pain is gone ! ENjoy the Bridge and blow a kiss to your mommy from that sooo peacefull place...

Annie xxx

souffle
11-27-2012, 04:04 AM
I'm so very sorry Gemma's mum. You gave her the last great gift of all which is to let her fly free to the bridge from her pain. Never doubt that choice. She would not have gotten better sweetie. The problem she had was not curable. Let it rest easy on your heart that your choice, made from love for her, was absolutely the right one and she will be looking down and saying thank you mum for knowing what I needed when I did.
Play well at the bridge Carley x

shiny
11-27-2012, 06:00 AM
So sorry about Carley, I had been watching your thread on her & was sending you all my best wishes. I know you must be heart-broken right now but well done for staying strong & knowing you had to make that hard choice for her.

It's sounds like she had an amazingly big character for such a little girl & once the pain of losing her goes a little I'm sure you will be able to enjoy the lifetime of memories you have of your time together.

With best wishes,

shiny & the hammies

petal10
11-27-2012, 06:09 AM
Souffle is totally right, she clearly wasn't very well at all and I am sure a big operation on such a little animal would not have been the best option. Sadly we had to take the same decision with our dog about a month ago, and of course you will doubt the choice but you have to remember that you made the right choice because you loved that little creature so much and just wanted the best for them. She would have carried on suffering otherwise, and I am sure she is grateful to be free of the pain. Hugs.

StuCil
11-27-2012, 08:08 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Carley. You did your best, I'm sure she had always been a happy little girl til the very last time. Play well, Carley <3

Lynternette
11-27-2012, 09:23 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Carley. There comes a time when there's nothing else we can do for our little furries. You have been very selfless in letting Carley go. She's at peace now with no pain or discomfort. That is a great gift you have given her.

Play well little one. xxx

jesselle
11-28-2012, 04:53 AM
i'm so sorry you've lost another one of your girls. take comfort that they had a brilliant and loving life with you! you loved them to bits :) now you can shower your love onto the remaining girly and i'm pretty sure she won't be lonely with you by her side.

sleep tight carley xx

GemmasMom
11-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Thanks for all the wishes.. it gets better every day as it has with all the hams but Carley will always hold a special place in my heart my little runt :) Caylee is still pretty sad. She has built a GIANT bed (yes... on her own lol) in her blue wheel and has mostly been moping in there. When I take her out, she's a bit aggressive, but I guess that's to be expected after losing her last cagemate. I think she is, however, enjoying full access to all the food and cucumbers she could ever ask for and is getting quite plump ;) I think I may have to put her on a diet. Thanks again for all the support. Nobody here understands what I"m going through losing a little one.

Pompompoms
12-02-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm just catching up on memorials, and was so sorry to hear Carley has gone to the bridge. I know how much love and care you give your girls, so know she had the best life she could have with you. Play well little lady xx