PDA

View Full Version : Nibble's 2 week check-up.

Coco1
07-22-2005, 11:43 AM
Well, Nibbles had his check up this morning, 2 weeks to the day when I first took him in. He's been taking (gulping!) his anti-biotics every day for two weeks and just LOVED taking that stuff, which definately made it easier on his Mum!

They said he seems to be breathing normaly now and that it looks like he's recovered well. They said now that he's doing good to keep him on the antibiotics for another week to be on the safe side, which is what I was hoping for because I know that if you take them (or us) off them too soon it may not have gotten rid of ALL the bad bacteria and then it can come back twice as bad. So, he'll be enjoying his sryupy medicine for another week! Just as well, because I'll be leaving for home for 3 weeks after that and want to make sure he's completely well before I go. Part of me doesn't want to leave him but it has to be done. He'll be with a good friend of mine which I trust.

So thats his update - I'm happy with his recovery, esp. when they said initialy that the prognosis was "guarded". He's my little boy and Hamster Central's cutie pie so he HAD to get better!

:D

babyboos
07-22-2005, 02:34 PM
Oh great news

it is wonderful when they take their antibiotic happily

Coco1
07-22-2005, 02:41 PM
Yes it is! Nibble, nibble. (or rather sluurp sluurp!) :D

Last night also he came out earlier than what he's done over the past two weeks and talk about destructive! He aimed for his little plastic potty first - Munch munch munch, chomping the back of it down. Then he aimed for the corners of the tanks, pushed his jam jar out the way, kicked all the bedding out the way and scratched at the base. Then when done with that he actually kicked all the bedding BACK into place! ???? Thats a first! So he came out the tank again and I let him run around the bed, then around the bookshelves, then in his ball, back on the bookshelves (Which he loves cause he can hide behind the books and the picture frames I have on there!) Then he decided to take a nap behind one of the pictures as I think he exausted himself! Yea, he's returning to normal! :D

babyboos
07-22-2005, 02:50 PM
Oh yes he sounds well on the road to recovery - cheeky chappy :?

pophammy
07-24-2005, 02:01 PM
We are so glad to hear that Nibbles is feeling better! We hate leaving ours when we go on holiday but we are lucky to have trusted, experienced friends who care for them like their own. Keep slurping Nibbles!!! :lol:

SnuggleHam
07-24-2005, 02:08 PM
I I’m so glad that he’s almost got a clean bill of health that’s wonderful news and thanks so much for the update, and your right, Nibbles is hamster central favorite hamster because who couldn’t resist that cute little ham face. I know all our hams are special, but I don’t think iv seen a cuter ham lol, maybe your just an excellent photographer :P But I know that id be pretty upset to hear that nibbles passed away prematurely :(

But I am glad nibbles is much better. *huggles a ham*

Coco1
07-24-2005, 02:45 PM
Awwww, thank you so much Candace for all those nice comments :D I am very relieved to know that I have an extra week before I leave where he will continue to take the antibiotics as it just makes me feel more confident that he'll get through the 3 weeks without me. Thanks to the Vets too!

And of course, I'm biased regarding my little fur ball being the best in the world and I know EVERYone thinks that about their hamster! lol. Every little hamster in the world deserves a loving home and a good healthy life :D

I even sat next to this lady in the Vets and she was like "Well, I'm amazed that you've even brought the hamster to the vet" !!! I just looked at her like "well why wouldn't I?". THEN the veterinary assistant behind the desk heard this and spoke up - "Well, in my opinion it doesn't matter how little the animal is, they're all deserving of veterinary care irregardles of the price. Just because its a little hamster doesn't mean it should get less attention medicaly than a dog or cat. Thats just MY opinion, but unfortunately many people don't see it that way when it comes to 'just a little hamster.' "

I'm glad she spoke up & I couldn't agree more :D

SnuggleHam
07-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Sounds like you found a good vet office!

Coco1
07-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Yes they're pretty good, although I prefer my usual vet any day. He just has the BEST bedside manner but unfortunately was away when Nibbles became sick. But this place I took him too also specializes in small animals so he was in good hands! :D

Emma
07-25-2005, 09:30 AM
Excellent news :)

babyboos
08-04-2005, 08:54 AM
Hope you are having a great trip be sure to show us lots of pictures again when you get back and update us on Nibbles progress.