PDA

View Full Version : trying to rehome Winter White's- West Sussex

chez33
11-23-2012, 07:43 AM
Hi Everyone

I have 2 Winter White's that I want to rehome. I bought them for all of us but as they sleep ALL day and evening the kids are just not interested. I would happily keep them but I feel it's totally unfair as they could be somewhere where they're going to get a lot more attention. I admit I should have got a Syrian as the kids would have been able to handle it better etc etc.
They are in a zoozone 2 but we recently had to divide it as the smaller one was picking on the other one a bit, nothing major but would have probably escalated. It's divided with metal sections of a playpen which we've cable tied, seems to be working as it's been like that for 2 weeks and neither have got through it.
Not really looking for money just a really really good home. Will include everything :(
Bit reluctant to put them on preloved or friday-ad etc, I'd rather hang onto them than risk a dodgy home to be honest.

If you could point me in the right direction that'd be great.

They are semi tame, one will nibble you if you give him the opportunity, the other is much more mellow but also quick! Whenever the kids have held them one has always got away so it's a bit of a nightmare to get them out as we have lots of space for them to disappear, plus 3 dogs and 2 cats!

We're in West Sussex by the way.

racinghamster
11-25-2012, 05:38 AM
I`m sure someone will be able to help you out chez and you are doing the right thing by posting on the forum before looking at other sites just because you are more likely to find them a better home on here. They sound like typical Russian dwarfs! So even if they have to go seperately, at least each hamster will be guaranteed a nice home. All the best and hope some members can contact you soon. x

souffle
11-25-2012, 05:58 AM
A Syrian would have slept all day as well so perhaps that wouldn't really have helped.
I have moved this to the rehome boards for you. If you can post some pics that would help.
I would not get another hamster for now as it seems they are not suited to your families way of life at the moment.
Please make contact by PM if anyone is interested.

chez33
11-26-2012, 12:52 AM
Thank you! No won't get another one, lol. Wish I could sleep all day x