PDA

View Full Version : Hamsters urgently need adopting

frecklypeach
11-20-2012, 02:13 AM
Heya guys,

I know a few of you are based in and around South Wales. Yesterday I went to my regular pet shop on Albany Road in Cardiff, and the owner does a lot of fostering and re-homing. She had a huge bin cage on the floor and was fussing round it with a friend, separating hamsters out into cages.

Someone had come in with around 20 dwarf hamsters in this one bin cage! They just let them run wild and then brought them in when they couldn't handle feeding them.

Two of the females are pregnant and there's obviously the 20 or so others that need re homing as soon as possible.

If anyone can help or knows someone who might be able to adopt, she said she'd be seriously grateful.

I'd love to take some of them but at the moment I just can't - slap bang in the middle of my teacher training and I've recently failed a module so I'm in trouble. One or two of my friends may be able to help out though.

evel_lin
11-20-2012, 02:32 AM
poor things! I'd offer but I'm on the other side of the country. Hope they find homes soon, good on the owner to take them on like that

frecklypeach
11-20-2012, 02:40 AM
I'd love to take some in but I just won't have the time for the poor fellows until I'm past this training.
She is a good lady, she frequently takes in animals that have been given up or abandoned outside the shop. Last time I went in she had a litter of kittens that people had given back because they fed them incorrectly, she raised them all back to full health.

Sandti
11-20-2012, 03:57 AM
Oh gosh, if I was there I would take one. How could some body do such a thing!!!
I wouldn't be surprised if more than two were pregnant :(

souffle
11-20-2012, 04:04 AM
Please could you ask the owner to join and post the hamsters for adoption in the rescue board. We can only allow the person with the hamsters to post pleas for adoption otherwise things get complicated for the forum.
Closed awaiting owner posting rescue ad.