PDA

View Full Version : Posh/Becks Babies - Pictures

Basia
04-26-2008, 05:09 PM
The babies all have their eyes open, so here are a couple of pictures. As you will see there is a little runt.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/042608039.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/042608037.jpg
[/img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/042608045.jpg

Spuds Mum
04-26-2008, 05:25 PM
wow that runt is so small and very sweet - hope the little guy does okay, sure he will catch up.

I also spot at least two satin goldens, and it looks like a couple of the blacks are also satin? And the blacks look absolutely jet black - fantastic.

They are looking beautiful Basia, not only round and healthy and glossy, but there appears to be some lovely little wedgey faces in the litter.

I have a very good feeling about these little ones, call it a premonition, but I think they will be making some people very very happy (me! me! Me!) :x

Holly
04-27-2008, 12:32 AM
They are really, really beautiful - lovely coats on them already (aww bless the little guy :) ).

How many are there then and what colours? :wink:

souffle
04-27-2008, 12:53 AM
Awww what a beautiful litter they are. Posh has done a good job despite you saying she is a bit of a yummy mummy! That little one sure is a tryer. He looks about to fall in the babyfood bowl :lol: They have lovely coats too, so thick and dark. Keep us supplied with lots of pics please :lol:

I_am_plankton
04-27-2008, 01:17 AM
Awww they are wonderful! How cute :D

Lady Fluff
04-27-2008, 01:30 AM
they're gorgeous Basia, and have come on such a long way since we saw them ten days ago! I'm glad you've still got the runt, hope he catches up soon enough! :D

Gust0o
04-27-2008, 04:08 AM
and it looks like a couple of the blacks are also satin? And the blacks look absolutely jet black - fantastic.

Black. Satin. Male. My hamster mantra, am keeping my fingers crossed! :D

They look absolutely adorable little hamsters - lucky Wesley, as I've got Spud's good feelings about this! Well done Posh! :D

I'm sure the runt will be fine, and catching up in no time - he's got quality parents, and he's not lost his appetite - nearly going for a swim in that bowl!

Basia
04-27-2008, 04:52 AM
They are really, really beautiful - lovely coats on them already (aww bless the little guy :) ).

How many are there then and what colours? :wink:

The little runt seems to be a fighter, he has been tiny from the word go and also has a lump on his (or her) head. :( I kept expecting to look in the nest and he would be gone but he's still going strong and eating well.

There are 12 babies, 6 blacks and 6 golden. I think there are 3 satin goldens and some of the blacks are satin but it is very hard to tell with them because they are so shiny anyway.

Thanks for all your lovely comments. I have just started to handle them, they are very lively - truley their mum's children!

Jane
04-27-2008, 05:37 AM
Awww they're adorable. Love the little runt! Awwww!

Basia
04-27-2008, 05:50 AM
Just cleaned the cage out so have had a good look at them all. The 'lump' on the runts head is his fur, thank goodness. It sort of grows outwards instead of lying flat. He has aquired the nickname, Steggie, as in stegasaurous. He doesn't have a white hair on him anywhere....
Not much white on the other blacks either, GustOo :wink:

Yaffle
04-27-2008, 06:23 AM
Awww wow they are lovely *swoon*

Gust0o
04-27-2008, 06:57 AM
Not much white on the other blacks either, GustOo

Music to my ears! :D

Steggie, I absolutely love it! Sounds like he's having a bad hair day! :x

agatecrystal
04-27-2008, 08:00 AM
aww they are lovely :D

Basia
04-27-2008, 08:00 AM
I have a new camera and babies so apologies in advance - I may be putting a lot of photos on HC. Here are a few I took this afternoon.

My adventurous little blacks, who love climbing:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/042708003.jpg

The goldens:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/042708015.jpg

And I think this is a female satin who has definitely inherited Posh's passion for food....
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/042708014.jpg

Hammihog
04-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Posh and Becks have made some beautiful babies :D Congratulations :D Fantastic photos of them all and little Steggie is just so cute :wink:

Yaffle
04-27-2008, 08:41 AM
OMG how black are the blacks!

Keep the piccies coming they're just gorgeous, I'm soooo excited at the prospect of one of these litle cuties being a Yaffle Ham :D

Jane
04-27-2008, 08:42 AM
Awwwww, adorable!

Keep the piccies coming, we don't mind :wink:

Spuds Mum
04-27-2008, 08:45 AM
hmmm well Basia I have to say, after having a really close look at them on the photos taken by your super-duper camera, I think I've changed my mind, I don't think I want one of your babies....

ROFL I want all of them :x gimme gimme gimme! I also have to say a quick word for those dark goldens who appear to have some beautiful ticking also. Cant wait and am thinking of names already :x

Yaffle
04-27-2008, 08:50 AM
If we're lucky enough to get a pup from this litter the OH wants to call him Sasquatch :roll:

I can't really argue though because my new tactic in increasing my brood is to tell him that this will be 'his' hamster, thus he has free reign on the naming :wink:

Gust0o
04-27-2008, 10:11 AM
So much for Blacks being placid, by breeding! I think we have an exception to this rule here! :D

Mollz
04-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Wow Basia, they are beautful and sound like they have lovely little personalities already. Steggie is a cutie and I'm sure he'll grow up to be big and strong (if he has a name, does that mean he's staying? :wink: ).

Looking forward to seeing more of this litter in the future :D

Mollz Mum
04-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Oh, Basia, don't every apologise for posting photo's - the more the better.
They really are a stunning bunch - I see what you were saying about those little black beauties yesterday.
Lovely!

Bunsey
04-27-2008, 03:00 PM
oh that climbing black is gorgeous! they are SO black :shock:

sarahh
04-27-2008, 05:31 PM
Aww bless they are all so lovely.

Yaffle
05-01-2008, 05:51 AM
How are the pups doing Basia? :D

Basia
05-01-2008, 01:54 PM
The boys (only one satin golden....)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/050108005.jpg

The girls:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/050108004.jpg

We have 6 boys and 6 girls!

05-01-2008, 02:03 PM
They're absolutely stunning!! I'm going to steal all the black ones away..... :x

Yaffle
05-01-2008, 02:03 PM
awww wow they're all looking great, really chunky and good heads too, Posh and Becks have done you proud! :D

Basia
05-01-2008, 02:16 PM
awww wow they're all looking great, really chunky and good heads too, Posh and Becks have done you proud! :D

Thanks Yaffle. Typical there are 2 satin girls and only 1 satin boy...... :roll:

They're absolutely stunning!! I'm going to steal all the black ones away.....

He-he - you might have to wrestle your way past GustOo to do that! :wink:

Yaffle
05-01-2008, 02:19 PM

Thanks Yaffle. Typical there are 2 satin girls and only 1 satin boy...... :roll:

I've just PM'd you but don't think it worked, will try again :roll:

Spuds Mum
05-01-2008, 02:22 PM
hasn't Posh done well - and how bizarre that there are not only 6 boys and 6 girls - but of each sex 3 golden and 3 black - what a very even litter. How very clever of Posh and Becks to work it out so evenly :D

They are all delightful - I cant get over how black the blacks are! :D

Bunsey
05-01-2008, 02:49 PM
i was thinking that, too. 3 black girls and 3 black boys. 3 golden girls and 3 golden boys! how funny! :D

Holly
05-01-2008, 11:31 PM
They are absolutely gorgeous, Basia - what a stunning litter - Posh certainly has done you proud 8)

(How's Pudding doing - any "signs"? Minnie's trashed everything she owns :shock: ).

Gust0o
05-02-2008, 02:14 AM
He-he - you might have to wrestle your way past GustOo to do that!

I will be busting out like Dr Bruce Banner if anyone steals my Black! :D

Amazing how it's worked out, with such a balance of sexes and colours - that's life, eh?

Sorry Basia, I can't quite make out - Satin Black male? I have him on my Christmas list, and I've been a very good boy this year... :)[/code]

Basia
05-02-2008, 03:55 AM
Sorry Basia, I can't quite make out - Satin Black male? I have him on my Christmas list, and I've been a very good boy this year... :)[/code][/quote]

I don't know :oops:
As they have grown up it has become harder and harder to tell which are satins but I don't think that either of the black males are satin.
I have to confess I do struggle with satin sables and now the blacks.... It was obvious with my creams and sable roan.

One good thing though - they don't appear to have any white patches underneath them, just white feet and chins - which I am reliably told is ok.

vnewman236
05-02-2008, 05:03 AM
ooooooooooooooooo they are gorgeous!!!! The black babies are extra scrummy! Think I am going to have to add to my wish list!

Gust0o
05-02-2008, 05:32 AM
Well, they carry it anyway - so we can look forward to Satins in future litters :)

They sound much like Wesley, with the white chins and feet - so I'm sure Snipes will do great :D

Am all excited!

Basia
05-02-2008, 05:40 AM
They won't 'carry' it Gus, one of them needs to be satin to breed satin.

05-02-2008, 05:41 AM
Well, they carry it anyway - so we can look forward to Satins in future litters :)

They sound much like Wesley, with the white chins and feet - so I'm sure Snipes will do great :D

Am all excited!

Ahhh, so that's where Wes' name comes from. It all makes sense now Gus! :wink:

Gust0o
05-02-2008, 06:42 AM

This is where it helps that Wesley is Satin :)

Ahhh, so that's where Wes' name comes from. It all makes sense now Gus!

She's going to be my 'Demolition Mum', to stick with the theme! :x

Basia
05-02-2008, 09:44 AM

Oh, I didn't realise Wes is satin - so you definitely need a non-satin Snipes. I'll have to get me glasses on and have a really good look at them.

Spuds Mum
05-02-2008, 09:47 AM

Is Wes satin Gus? If Wes is satin, you wouldnt want to have Snipes as satin anyway - double satins can have spares 'greasy' looking fur. It is always suggested to mate satin to a non-satin. I agree with Basia - its really hard to tell sometimes - check her pedigree - if she's not noted as satin, and neither parent is satin, then she isnt.

If she isnt and you wanted some satins in a future litter - you know we will be willing to lend you a beautiful satin golden boy! :wink:

agatecrystal
05-02-2008, 01:38 PM
The babies are scrummy! Posh and becks have deffinetly done you proud Basia!

Holly
05-02-2008, 01:46 PM
It's so hard to tell satin from non-satin with these dark Blacks and Sables - I can't believe how hard it is when it's so obvious with Creams etc :shock:

Spuds Mum
05-02-2008, 01:56 PM
I've been looking at Wes's pedigree (via Topaz, Wes's sister) and I dont think she will be satin Gus, though she is beautifully shiny - but it doesn't list any of her forebears as satin. So I think you will be fine with a satin or a normal. :D

Bunsey
05-02-2008, 03:48 PM
yeah, it is hard with the dark colours. i thought our jake might be satin, then i remembered that i saw the father and he wasn't and the mother isn't.

Gust0o
05-06-2008, 05:01 AM
Right, I think I'm at the heart of my confusion!

Wes is very shiny, and there was some discussion as to whether she was Satin at Topcliffe, which could be why I had it stuck in my head; in any case, she appears to have attended Brockholes as a Satin, which might explain her showing.

Long and short of it is: it's not easy to tell!

But, conversely, I'd asked for Satin because Wes wasn't, and I wanted it... which means I must have known, as Satin/Satin doesn't work. I think I've gone mad, which seems the safest answer :shock:

So, having confirmed the details of the pedigree, I think we're safe with choosing a pup - many thanks for everyones input :)

I guess we just need to identify which one is Snipes, now :D

Holly
05-06-2008, 08:19 AM
Glad you've got it sorted, Gus :)

I didn't realise that Minnie was a satin until she was about 5 months old and she was reclassified at a show (not her first show!) as was her sister, basia's Truffle.

That's slightly scary as I could easily have ended up mating her to Rolo who is also a satin :shock:

Gust0o
05-06-2008, 08:54 AM
In my defence, I've had a long weekend with little sleep, and work has not been kind to me - I'm alternating between exhaustion, heat stroke and stress at the moment.

Treading a fine line in the middle of all this is my brain, and he's never been a steady chap on his feet! :D

I've been a bit more organised elsewhere - transport arrangements are set with Spud, we've got cages and toys (which Dubaku will be play-testing them after Lymm, when he comes for a stay), so I think it just remains for it to all happen!

souffle
05-06-2008, 09:57 AM
eeerm...might I enquire who Dubaku is going to vist? :wink:

Spuds Mum
05-06-2008, 10:46 AM
eeerm...might I enquire who Dubaku is going to vist? :wink:

dubaku has already been floozying around with LMDH's sable roan! :roll: As LMDH is going to be slightly busy getting married over the next few weeks, he then took a train ride back with Nooboo and her OH, is now staying at Carrington's and will be collected from Lymm (as I cant manage to get there now!) by Gust0O to have a stay until we can then do a hamster-swap when I bring Snipes up to him!

Confused??? well so am I :wink:

The boy needs plenty of rest I think as he has been a well travelled ham lately, and has children here that I haven't even told him about, and hopefully another lot due soon with LMDH! :shock:

Gosh and all that from a Grandad too - I can't believe how many pups he has sired now, and is still doing even though the next generation is coming along!! :wink:

souffle
05-06-2008, 11:00 AM
:shock: Dubaku you playboy you :shock:
I though he had his eye on Wes for a moment there. And poor wee Napoleon hasn't even got one wife yet!
Never mind his has gotten a load bigger lately and grown a super skirt so hopefully after our hols it will girlies look out time :lol:

Mollz
05-06-2008, 11:59 AM
I wondered who Dubs was going to visit too Souffle!

Wow he is a busy boy isn't he :x

Gust0o
05-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Oops! :shock:

Now I see how people could have misunderstood what I wrote! No, Dubaku will not be plying his trade at mine - he's here to relax, and kick back with some beers :)

05-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Oops! :shock:

Now I see how people could have misunderstood what I wrote! No, Dubaku will not be plying his trade at mine - he's here to relax, and kick back with some beers :)

That's what you think Gus!!! You'd better keep a close eye on the "laydees" with Dubaku around. :wink:

Basia
05-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Posh's babies are 4 weeks old today and are now in separate sex cages.
These are 5 of the boys (Spud's Mum's satin has gone awol):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/050708007.jpg

Here he is:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/050708011.jpg

One of these is GustOo's Snipes, the other one is mine all mine, (to quote Spud's Mum)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/050708005.jpg

And here are 2 photos of the girls, who because they are so well behaved all managed to get into the photo together!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/050708015.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/gdb234/050708017.jpg

Spuds Mum
05-07-2008, 10:55 PM
aww Basia - they look marvellous - my Copper is a stunner! But then they all are.

I can't wait to meet them in a couple of weeks! :D

Gust0o
05-08-2008, 01:58 AM
Snipes (whichever one he is!) looks absolutely fantastic - as I said, they've got the same lustre that Wesley had when we first got her.

Well chaps, left or right - which one is Snipes? I'll confess, I can't tell those little hamsters apart :shock:

Mollz
05-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Wow they are getting more and more stunning every time I see them! Those blacks are absolutely beautiful :D

Moosley
05-08-2008, 11:08 AM
I dont know if it helps, i can only tell face to face really but i am thinking that in the last photo of the girls, the black on the left is satin and the black on the right is non satin and heck knows about the one in the middle LOL im leaning towards satin again though.

Nice litter! Very tempted to try finding a black now!

souffle
05-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Aww Basia they are just gorgeous. I love the way the goldens look as if they have eye liner on :wink: :lol:

Gust0o
05-08-2008, 12:01 PM
Very tempted to try finding a black now!

Can you give me four months? :D

Moosley
05-08-2008, 12:24 PM
I dont really have any way I can use a black to get what I want any more :p :x I was just overwhelmed by their cuteness!

Not unless its a black with Yellow in it or better still!!! I DESPERATELY need a Yellow Black Male LOL. I swear that was a crazy of them because they were everywhere and now suddenly they are hard to find.

Gust0o
05-08-2008, 12:35 PM
I've spoken to Carrington and Tristar about that before, and would aim you in their direction if you were serious :)

Basia
05-08-2008, 01:11 PM
2 of the black females are satin.

Holly
05-09-2008, 02:00 AM
To quote a certain time traveller (who is never far from my thoughts) they are brilliant, just - brilliant :shock:

Actually I can't leave it there, they look a great size, beautiful thick shiny coats and the Goldens look brilliantly marked too ( the eyeliner - ha!) 8) ....can't wait to meet them at Blenheim! :D

Louby
05-21-2008, 04:41 AM
How are they Basia?

Do you have any new photos to tempt a new mummy to be?? :D

Basia
05-21-2008, 04:48 AM
How are they Basia?

Do you have any new photos to tempt a new mummy to be?? :D

I will try and take some tonight. They are very difficult to take photos of - they run around so fast. Have loads missing heads or bottoms disappearing off the picture or just fuzz....

Louby
05-21-2008, 04:50 AM
Awww thankyou, that would be lovely! :D

Bourne Valley Hams
05-21-2008, 07:31 AM
Have loads missing heads or bottoms .

I would rather my little girl had both a head and a bottom Basia. :cry: :shock:

Basia
05-21-2008, 08:26 AM

He-he - Well she has! Just not in the same photo....

Spuds Mum
05-21-2008, 09:16 AM

Look, if there is only one of each to go round - I'll take a bottom for my boy Basia :wink: Let Bourne Valley have the bit with teeth - but I definitely need my little boys bottom bits - I have plans for them :x :x