PDA

View Full Version : Best food for hybrid ?

mylilchichi
11-12-2012, 10:30 AM
What is the best food for a hybrid ? Is there a food that I wouldnt have to pick bits and pieces out of ?

Gibbs&JackBlack
11-12-2012, 11:21 AM
If you are in the US then you will most likely have to pick the pieces of corn and peas out. I don't know of any foods in the US that don't have corn, except for the plain Oxbow pellets.

mylilchichi
11-12-2012, 11:38 AM
Yep thats what I was thinking.If I bought the Oxbow what would I need to add to it so he'd have the complete nutrition he needs ?

samzyzg
11-12-2012, 11:43 AM
You most likely would. Silver knows a lot about hamster foods as she designed one specifically for diabetes prone hamsters but unfortunately they are UK only, although she may be able to give an insight in what to add or take away.

I think hazel hamster is available in the US however you would have to remove pieces. Hopefully someone who is from the US or who knows about foods in the US will see your thread and be able to help more :)

mylilchichi
11-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Thank you :)

Gibbs&JackBlack
11-12-2012, 02:11 PM
I use Hazel Hamster for my syrian but it does have a fair bit of corn in it you'd have to pick out.

I used to use Ecotrition Organic for my dwarfs because it didn't have near as much corn but it's discontinued now. I don't have a dwarf now so haven't found a replacement.

You should PM Silver and see what she says.

kyrilliondaemon
11-12-2012, 03:29 PM
You could look for bird seed with roughly the right percentages but it may not work

Gibbs&JackBlack
11-12-2012, 07:25 PM
You could look for bird seed with roughly the right percentages but it may not work

I have looked a bunch of bird seed blends thinking the same thing but they have all been too low in protein and way high in fat.