PDA

View Full Version : New Litter on the way/in the nest.

Moosley
04-26-2008, 03:17 AM
Well, I know she was due last night, I saw her on wednesday and she looked ready to go any time so i will see in a couple of hours!

It is a surprise litter as the female, despite being bought as a 'rescue' at the Longon Champs??!! as having already had a litter, she just would NOT get pregnant and then she stopped coming into season, randomly she came into season again recently and we decided to try one last time and now suddenly it worked!!

So introducing our new parents/parents to be!!

Dante (male)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/hammyratlet/Other%20Animals/YellowMale.jpg

Ochre (female)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a60/hammyratlet/Other%20Animals/YellowFemale.jpg

So we should have a nice (big by the size of her!) litter of SH Yellows, they are both adorable animals and thankfully Ochre has become a little snuggle bunny too so I am all happy happy :D

But you never know lol. Both hamsters carry a fair bit of Dark Grey in their genetics, eventually I am sure I will need your help choosing the best one to keep. I know i *can* choose nice hamsters, i just tend to be too influenced by my heart :roll:

Roll on 3+ weeks! I love pinkies but not half as much as little furry bundles that can be handled!

EDIT: that photo of Ochre is very washed out, she is pretty much identical to Dante as they are in the same cage next to each other i keep having to do a double take to remember who is who without checking back ends, she does have nicer ticking and cheekflashes than the photo would suggest.

Hammihog
04-26-2008, 03:28 AM
How exciting :D Little babies to look forward to :D Mum and Dad are both gorgeous, can't wait to see what the babies are like when they are older :D

ilovemyhammies
04-26-2008, 03:32 AM
they're both lovely - I can't wait to see the babies

Moosley
04-26-2008, 03:40 AM
I hope they dont look *too* similar to parents :shock: I might have to start dying them funky colours to recognise them!! hehe

Nah, i hope they have the temperments of both parents rolled in together and lovely colours :) I've wanted this pair to breed for ages, I actually got Dante at the London Champs as a 5 week old baby (from a different breeder) and his colour has changed and improved no end! I've wanted to put two nice Yellows together even if the entire litter consists of Yellows because..... just because! It seems more common practise to put yellow over something else and I wanted to be different lol. I planned this litter 7 months ago.

Bunsey
04-26-2008, 03:55 AM
ooh, a couple of lovely looking hams there! :D

Spuds Mum
04-26-2008, 08:50 AM
I think that Ochre and Dante are going to produce some very nice yellow babies for you!

Hope everything goes well for Mum and babies - it can be hard to judge single colour litters, but Im sure they will be all lovely :D

Moosley
04-28-2008, 05:39 AM
There are 7 little squishies in the nest, she did have one still born but other than that, all went well, she has an open nest but sits on them all the time except when she gets a quick treat, she is a very good mum!

The babs all have black eyes (though thats no surprise) but their skin is getting quite dark quite quickly :shock: hopefully that means they will be yellows with dark ticking not a litter of something like goldens which would be odd, just very dark babies for such a light colour.

Moosley
04-29-2008, 05:58 AM
Ok, not only can I not count, i am also blind!!! LOL :lol:

There are 6 babies (i wasnt sure if it was 6 or 7 yesterday as im keeping my distance).

One of them has red eyes :) I dunno what it is though, a Honey I think, im so rubbish with genetics but i know my Yellow male is out of a Honey and had a Honey sibling. I desperately want it to be a honey lol.

It will be allllll mine :twisted:

internet_nobody
04-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Fingers crossed you get what you want!