PDA

View Full Version : How tame is tame?

ad36
04-25-2008, 09:09 AM
I am just interested what is considered a good level of taming for this breed? Mine will run on my hands and sit still for a few seconds but I always have to scoop them up as they run until I catch them. They will sniff and run over my hand but not stop. Is this good?

Bourne Valley Hams
04-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Sitting still for a few seconds is pretty good!
However we do have some robos we take to displays who will just sit on your hand without trying to run away at all. But that is fairly unusual for them.

I_am_plankton
04-25-2008, 11:46 AM
As BVH says, them sitting still is unusual. My Titch is very tame for a robo and will sit and wash for a few minutes, and sometimes just sits there looking at me as if to say what shall we do now lol.

Robos are never going to be as tame as the other dwarfs but there is a level they can get to

ad36
04-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Thanks for that, from what you have said I think I have done quite well with mine which is really pleasing!

I_am_plankton
04-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Also with the thing about them running and you having to catch them instead of them approaching your hand and hopping on, that is a really rare thing and something I have never seen before. I have to corner Titch and grab her lol

babyboos
04-25-2008, 03:47 PM
sounds pretty tame to me :wink:

ad36
04-26-2008, 01:07 AM
Thanks I have to say I am rather pleased with them as they seem to a rather tame pair. I have to say it did take time and effort but worth every second.