PDA

View Full Version : IS SHE PREGNANT?

Alesha
07-13-2005, 03:26 AM
I was recently distracted by a phonecall while the hamsters were out in their balls and I managed to accidentally put Teddy in Bella's lookout (on her Crittertrail 3). I didn't realize it until we heard a fuss from Bella's cage nearly an hour later. I immediately got Teddy out and put him away. The next day we realized that Bella was acting VERY lethargic and had a couple battle wounds on her muzzle and next to her eye. Teddy had one on his belly as well. We believe that Bella is pregnant as she has been acting lethargic (not being able to be in her ball for long/not running on her wheel as much), throwing her food around, being more selective about the things that she stuffs in her cheeks(only certain wood chips & certain types of food), and just acting generally "pissy." Her hair has also separated around her nipples and her belly feels more firm than we had ever noticed.

Does this sound like a typical pregnant hamster?

If so, she conceived on July 1st and should be due anytime around this coming weekend.

I know that they go through estrous every 4 days normally but she still seems to emit some sort of scent & so that is the reason we think she MAY not be pregnant.

Any information would be VERY helpful! :)

Thanks!

babyboos
07-14-2005, 09:14 AM
make sure to up her protein intake if you suspect she may pup this weekend - it should be pretty obvious by now if she is pregnant.

Alesha
07-14-2005, 11:26 AM
make sure to up her protein intake if you suspect she may pup this weekend - it should be pretty obvious by now if she is pregnant.

She is acting like a complete spaz. Well, she was last night.... & she squeaked a few times and rolled over on her back. She secreted some sort of discharge onto her wheel (I cleaned her cage last night & took it out). It is just kinda obvious that SOMETHING is up.

babyboos
07-24-2005, 09:15 AM
How is she behaving/looking now?