PDA

View Full Version : Hyper Ham!!!!

Hamster Widow
04-23-2008, 01:03 AM
Ok... so we have Alvin our winner extraordinnaire but we noticed when he was being judged that even Andrew had difficulty holding on to him whereas all the other hams just sat in the Judges hands.

Its not that he minds being handled but he just seems to want to go everywhere at a run.

Now I know hamsters are naturally curious so I would expect him to want to do some investigating but he NEVER sits still.... is this normal for a 10 week old fellow or should we cut down on his morning coffee? :wink:

Holly
04-23-2008, 01:34 AM
I think, at 10 weeks, it's not unusual at all - we've got Alvin's bro, Jack, and he's about as lively as it gets too. They tend to calm down as they grow up - as long as you are handling him regularly, I'm sure Alvin will too!

Bourne Valley Hams
04-23-2008, 01:41 AM
I guess he's just a hyperactive toddler! Keep those blue smarties away from him....

Louby
04-23-2008, 02:02 AM
But the blue ones are his favourite! :lol:

sarahh
04-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Hey ya we have the same trouble with Tazzie he just wants to keep running around everwhere and never keeps still. I call him ADHD lol.

Hamster Widow
04-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Naturally, as soon as I posted this, the very next night Alvin was as good as gold. :o To prove it wasn't a fluke i just got him out (and Cupcake too of course) and he just sat in my hand like the lovely boy he is. :)

Thanks everyone for the reassurances though but we now have two lovely and well behaved hams. How lucky are we? :)

Bourne Valley Hams
04-25-2008, 12:39 AM
Cupcake must have had words with him and told him she doesn't fancy naughty boys! :wink:

Spuds Mum
04-25-2008, 01:49 AM
Thanks everyone for the reassurances though but we now have two lovely and well behaved hams. How lucky are we? :)

Very lucky indeed! :wink: glad you have the toddler taming under control, I think at a certain stage the 'young uns' just get a bit over-excited and take life at a gallop :D

agatecrystal
04-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Deffintly like a little toddler hehe. :D