PDA

View Full Version : Romsey?

Louby
04-22-2008, 12:01 AM
Does anyone know if Romsey is a show?

It doesn't say on the list, and as Blenheim is a Display, it will hopefully be the first time we can enter Alvin into the main show! (Maybe even Cupcake! :wink: )

Also...showpens...where is the best place to buy them from?

souffle
04-22-2008, 12:14 AM
You can usually order show pens to be collected at shows Louby. Contact your club secretary. They can normally be bought either second hand or new and are a wise investment if you are thinking of showing regularly. Not sure on prices now but our last ones cost around £6.50 secondhand and £10 new. :lol: Try the National Hamster Council site for show details on Romsey. Schedules normally come out about one month before the date of a show and are included with your journal or available to download from club sites.

Louby
04-22-2008, 12:18 AM
Lovely, thankyou Souffle :D

I've posted off my membership, so hopefully I will be getting my Journal and membership stuff through soon.

I presume I need to join both Southern and Midland clubs if I want to show in both? They are the shows that I can probably get to.

Basia
04-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Louby you don't have to be a member of the club to show but if you're not a member you wouldn't be able to take your trophy home if you won one.
You would normally be a member of one club and an associate member of others, which costs less.
You can buy show pens from Towy Vale's Pete, if you let him know how many you want he will bring them to the show for you, or you can hire them for 50p from the show secretary. :wink:
Sorry we will miss you at Gatcombe, but I am hoping to go to Blenheim too.

souffle
04-22-2008, 12:32 AM
You only need to join one (your closest normally) then you can become an associate member of the other club. You can become an associate member at the first show you attend for that club. You can only collect the trophies you win if you are a member or associate member and also Harry hamster points for the yearly awards however anyone can enter their hamster at a show member or not. Hope that helps and you enjoy your journal :lol:

Bourne Valley Hams
04-22-2008, 12:39 AM
Unfortunately Romsey will just be a display this year Louby. We are hoping to have a show there next year though. Romsey clashes with Blenheim so it can be difficult to get enough entries for a proper show. The display will basically be run by ourselves with some help from Mollz and Mollz's Mum so we would love to see you there!
You don't need to join both clubs in order to enter the shows, however in order to be allowed to take away trophies you win from the Midland Club you will need to become a Midland Associate member (half the price of full membership) - and you can always do that on the day.
As a Southern member you will automatically be sent schedules for Midland shows with your journal.

Bunsey
04-22-2008, 04:07 AM
the last show i went to that had them, second hand pens had gone up to £9.50. i was gonna get one at £6.50, but not that price. i can't pay that. i need like 6 plus carrier! i haven't got £70! :cry:

Mollz
04-22-2008, 04:49 AM
As BVH said, it's not a show but we'd still love to see you there!

Bourne Valley Hams
04-22-2008, 05:28 AM
the last show i went to that had them, second hand pens had gone up to £9.50. i was gonna get one at £6.50, but not that price. i can't pay that. i need like 6 plus carrier! i haven't got £70! :cry:

When we bought our show pens we bought them from someone who had given up showing.
Ask some of the longer term members if they can think of anyone near you who used to show and see if you can get contact details for them. I think the most we ever paid was about £20 for 6 pens plus carrier - though you may have to go a bit higher now!

Bunsey
04-22-2008, 05:31 AM
well i thought i might be able to get some off PJ but everyone who wants some is now having trouble contacting her :?

Mollz
04-22-2008, 09:58 AM
well i thought i might be able to get some off PJ but everyone who wants some is now having trouble contacting her :?

Yep, I've been trying to contact her and will let you know if I have any success.