PDA

View Full Version : My baby isnt doing well at all......

The Hamster's family
10-14-2012, 09:16 AM
Well, looks like it's my turn to visit the vet... Bébé (my 1 year and 1/2 kittie) can hardly walk, stumbles, is desoriented when standing up, won't eat or very little. She drinks and constantly wants to be in my room... It's the 2nd time she is like that this month... 1st time I was sure she had eaten something unhealthy/bad cause she was puking a lot and she was making a weird noise when she would. Now she ain't puking or anothing but she is soooo weak ! I just hope it's nothing fatal cause honestly, that's what I'm worried about...

Let's cross our fingers... :(

Annie xxxx

souffle
10-14-2012, 09:56 AM
You have to see a vet with her. If cats do not eat they go downhill very quickly. I'd get her seen right away if she is that weak.

The Hamster's family
10-14-2012, 12:46 PM
You have to see a vet with her. If cats do not eat they go downhill very quickly. I'd get her seen right away if she is that weak.

It's closed right now but tomorrow, I'm waling in with her and only leave when a vet saw her !! Poor Bébé...:(

The Hamster's family
10-15-2012, 06:55 AM
Got a appointment at the vet...!! In less than 2 hours, we're there.... Crossing fingers for her to get better...

souffle
10-15-2012, 07:06 AM
Good luck and hope they can help her x

cactus
10-15-2012, 07:22 AM
I had something similar happen to a dog when I was young, she was weak and vomiting. It turned out she'd got a blockage in her stomach which was operated on and then she got better. I hope your kittie feels better soon and fingers crossed it's nothing serious.

The Hamster's family
10-15-2012, 07:29 AM
Thanks a lot guys... She's at work with me at the moment... I think she ate some, but very lil... I know she peeded once, which is very good. Only 1 hour 30 minutes left...

The Hamster's family
10-15-2012, 07:30 AM
I had something similar happen to a dog when I was young, she was weak and vomiting. It turned out she'd got a blockage in her stomach which was operated on and then she got better. I hope your kittie feels better soon and fingers crossed it's nothing serious.

I'm affraid it ain't something of that nature... But might as well be ! We'll see...
Annie

xxHoudinixx
10-15-2012, 08:43 AM
awwww hope the vet is able to give you some answers! x

The Hamster's family
10-15-2012, 08:47 AM
awwww hope the vet is able to give you some answers! x

Thanks ! I'm leaving in few minutes as the vet is only few minutes from my work ! If I can call that good news or improvement, Bébé decided she wanted to visit my work place as I 'forgot' to fully close the door of my office...! Result: she went to see my employee who's office is in the front of the place ! She was looking outside at cars and to snuggle up with him ! That put a nice smile in my face ! She's being herself: a snuggly kittie !

Off to the vet now ! See you all later !!

Annie xxx

The Hamster's family
10-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Well, we went to the vet and I don't really know what to say. We still don't know what she has. She's deshydrated (obsvious) but all the neurological symptoms are gone... She's walking again, she drinks by herself, she follows me at work, and now I saw her eating again. I have to give her 2 shots 45ml of IV fluid 4 times a day and make sure she eats. If she doesn't improve, I have to reflect on spending 550$ on tests to find out what she has. And then, another amount to treat what ever she has... So it's good news that she eats and drinks... We have to wait and see what happens in the next days I guess..... Hoping she will get better really soon... Don,t want to loose her... She's my baby... =(

souffle
10-15-2012, 01:03 PM
The vet lets you give IV fluids youself? Our vet wouldn't let us do that. I hope she picks up again soon though for you. Maybe she has some sort of cat gastric stomach bug? Get well soon kitty x

The Hamster's family
10-15-2012, 01:12 PM
The vet lets you give IV fluids youself? Our vet wouldn't let us do that. I hope she picks up again soon though for you. Maybe she has some sort of cat gastric stomach bug? Get well soon kitty x

She teached me how to do it... It's not very complicated to be honest... You just have to 'take charge' and accept to do it ! Not like I am crazy about needles, but I want my kitty to get better so i just do it. I could have had her hospitalised, but that would mean a lot of $$$ and less money to treat if needed... So I'll sacrifice my little confort and fight by her side... It says somewhere that healing starts with love, not treatment... So I love her enough to feel bad with the needle... but do it anyway...

The Hamster's family
10-15-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm crying !! She's eating again !!! 2nd time this afternoon !!!!!!!! Gosh do I feel better !!!!!!!!!! I gotta grab some tissues ! My face is full of tears !

cactus
10-16-2012, 01:33 AM
I'm glad she seems to be improving, and glad it isn't a blockage by the looks of things too! Hope she continues to improve x

The Hamster's family
10-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Well... 2nd visit at the vet tonight... Blood tests done, results will come on tomorrow... She's not drinking anymore; I'm still giving her her injections of fluids... She threw up tonight, which isn't good. Can't wait for the results to come, but I'm worried too. I just hope they'll find out what to do... Sleeping will be hard tonight... I'm holding my tears in... but I'm feeling myself becoming weaker and weaker... Gosh it's hard...

HammieandMerlin
10-17-2012, 08:16 PM
oof, I'm crossing all my fingers and toes for your little one x

The Hamster's family
10-17-2012, 08:23 PM
oof, I'm crossing all my fingers and toes for your little one x

Thanks a lot... We need prayers...

The Hamster's family
10-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Results are in... no organ is touched... but things suggest that there is an obstruction... X-Rays tomorrow to confirm. Then... the ultimate choice : operation or bring her to the bridge... God is my heart ever crushed... I'm broken into pieces...

The Hamster's family
10-18-2012, 07:02 PM
I decided I was doing everything possible to make the operation possible... Even if the budget have been busted, I don't care... My Bébé will be taken care of...

HammieandMerlin
10-18-2012, 07:37 PM
that's a tough call to make, I hope everything works out

The Hamster's family
10-18-2012, 07:45 PM
that's a tough call to make, I hope everything works out

Vet said she was positive if it was an obstruction... No garanties, obviously, but optimistic. Might also ask for some more tests before, in case it's a desease... But we'll see... Sure thing, if needed, she'll get operated ! My lovey in-law offered 200$ to help me with the bill ! I'm surrounded by loving people... We're so bless to have each other...

HammieandMerlin
10-18-2012, 07:49 PM
wow! that's very fortunate : ) I'm sure your little baby will be just fine

The Hamster's family
10-18-2012, 07:51 PM
She's on anti-acid right now... She hasn't thrown up since 6pm (it is 10:50 pm right now) Instead of hiding in our bedroom, she slept with us in the living room and layed down on top of the sofa ! Hasn't done it since saturday ! I think it is helping her...

alanjamesblair
10-18-2012, 11:20 PM
positive, healing thoughts sent your kitty's way!

The Hamster's family
10-19-2012, 03:48 AM
positive, healing thoughts sent your kitty's way!

Thanks a lot Alan ! She threw up around 6pm last night and then threw up around 3am which is better than the other days. X-rays this morning and then operation if the obstruction gets confirmed... Crossing fingers for her to be better and playing with us again... The kitchen is empty without her and I don't feel my life and dinner threaten anymore cause she's not grabbing the bottom of my pants when I'm rushing around for meals and rushing around her cause she just wants sooooo much just lying there in the middle of the work area ! I miss that !

souffle
10-19-2012, 03:52 AM
Good luck with the X ray. I have heard of cats eating things like string when playing and this can cause a blockage. Everything is crossed for the little one x

The Hamster's family
10-19-2012, 03:55 AM
Good luck with the X ray. I have heard of cats eating things like string when playing and this can cause a blockage. Everything is crossed for the little one x

Thanks a lot Souffle ! Gonna give her her meds and feed her a lil... She no longer hides in our bedroom ! I was pleased to see her sleeping in the living room with the others... Now, waiting for 8am for the vet open ! Can't wait for the results !

The Hamster's family
10-19-2012, 07:55 AM
My Bébé will have to be put to sleep... She has her diaphragm bursted and the operation would have to be performed has chances of killing her, leaving her with big handicaps and maybe she would end up dying in the next weeks. My hearth is broken as I had found the miney for the 'normal/expected' operation. I will do a proper memorial when it is done and that I'm able to write about it. My heart is a total mess and I have trouble putting things in order in my head to write in english. Thanks to you all for your great support. You are as precious as life can be...

Sincerely, Annie xxx

alanjamesblair
10-19-2012, 07:29 PM
Oh no! The Hamster's Family, I'm so sorry your little one is going to the bridge sooner than expected!