PDA

View Full Version : I am so sorry my Beautiful Callie Girl

GemmasMom
10-04-2012, 08:38 PM
Dear Callie,
I hope you know that Mommy loves you so much and I did everything I could for you, Caylee, Chloe, and Carley. Mommy was SO worried tonight when I went to check on everyone before I went to bed and I only saw 3 hams. I checked EVERYWHERE in the cage and in the playpen!!!!! I then noticed a little crease in the playpen tarp and figured you escaped through that! I woke up Daddy and we looked EVERYWHERE in the house for hours! Mommy put out almost 20 little plates of food and cucumbers all around the house so my Callie Girl could have something to eat and Mommy could find her easier. You always loved to hide.

then, Daddy saw something that looked like a precious ball of fur in the tubes. I held onto Caylee, Chloe, and Carley, and Daddy took apart the tubes. He found your beautiful self curled up in a tube. What happened to my precious angel??? Did you get stuck??? Did you want to find a comfy spot to fall asleep forever???? Mommy wishes you or the girls could tell me, but you can't. It kills me. I hope you know that Mommy loves you and she wishes she could have helped you out of the tube or could have held you when you were falling asleep.

You were my little princess. I knew when I was holding my Callie girl when you wouldn't eat the seeds. No, my Callie would only eat the seeds when she was standing in her home. You were so beautiful and so brave. If you were sick, Mommy didn't even know it! Mommy just wishes she could have spent more time with you. I hope you know that Mommy loves you with all her heart. I hope you are playing with Cyleigh and with Gemma now. I hope my three angel hams are watching over Chole, Carley, Caylee, Sunnie, Boo, Mommy, and Daddy. We all love you and miss you guys.

With all my love forever and ever,
Mommy

Hamtastic
10-04-2012, 10:41 PM
*Hugs*

Not knowing what happened is just so terribly daunting. I was in a huge amount of shock when Viola became very ill and passed quickly - and I never learned why. Over the weeks that followed, I gradually came to accept that in the end it didn't matter. We try our best for them, and whether accidents or illnesses - eventually they leave us, and it's just their time :( Your memories of Callie will eventually make you smile every time you think of her <3

(I do think it was not anything you had done though, based on your description!)

gutterglitterxx
10-04-2012, 11:01 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Play well and sleep tight, Callie. xx

Lougarry
10-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Oh, Hun, how sad. I think she probably just snuggled up somewhere she felt safe and secure when she knew it was her time. Run free at the Bridge, Callie - Cyleigh will be waiting for you xx

GemmasMom
10-05-2012, 04:26 AM
Thank you everyone... it does help to be reassured that I did my best. I sometimes wonder, what if I could have seen her in the tube and taken her out before it was too late. She looks like she was in there for hours after passing. I miss my Callie girl already, but am hoping that Carley, Chloe, and Caylee don't really remember her so they don't have to be sad. It's horrible looking in there where there were once 5 happy healthy little girls. Cyleigh gone now because of her lumps and now Callie. They weren't even a year old.... Birthdays in October, and December.

Pouches
10-05-2012, 06:21 AM
I'm sorry for your loss also. My Simon went in a similar way, he just went into his igloo, curled up and went to sleep. My girlfriend found him later on that day. It was a surprise to us both, but we had been expecting it since dwarfs usually live between six months to a year on average and Simon was over 18 months old. I guess you could consider him ancient, lol. All we can ever do is take comfort in the fact that we gave them the best possible life they could have. :(

The Hamster's family
10-05-2012, 07:10 AM
So sorry for your loss... I agree with the above, she probably went for something comfortable and that felt safe to leave with calm and peace... You took great care of her and she went peacefully for that... What a great gift you have given her... Not all ham leave our world feeling loved and cherished...

Play well at the bridge, lil one...

Annie xxx

Silver
10-05-2012, 07:29 AM
So very sorry.

Play well at the bridge Callie

Silver xxx

souffle
10-05-2012, 07:35 AM
I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Sometimes we never know why our little ones have been called but it sounds as if she went very peacefully and she will stay in your heart forever now.
Play well at the bridge Callie x

Biscuit
10-05-2012, 08:41 AM
I'm so sorry.
That brought a tear to my eye. It's such a shame.
Play well ate the bridge little one. You'll be missed. xxx

Arraminta
10-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Oh Gemmasmom.. Im so sorry for you to lose such a special girl! She knew how much you loved her and is waiting for you at the bridge.

Play well little one.

Hugs
Arraminta x

GemmasMom
10-06-2012, 07:35 AM
Thanks everyone... It was rough last night taking out the dwarves to play with, knowing that another somebody was missing :/ Caylee, Chloe, and Carley have been sticking together and snuggling in the red wheel. I think they are pretty upset about Callie, as they have not been playing as much as usual.. which is unusual for Caylee and Carley. They are usually very active, unlike Chloe who is usually pretty lazy, but looks like she may have lost weight. She is about the size of Caylee now, whereas before, she was about twice the size of Carley. Any tips on depressed cagemates??

Pompompoms
10-07-2012, 05:19 PM
She will settle again, don't worry. I have found any big changes often will cause some weight loss, but they do usually gain it back again.

Callie was a lovely girl, I'm so sorry she passed. it does sound as if the bridge called her on and she just curled up to sleep. Play well little one xx

Lynternette
10-09-2012, 04:02 AM
I'm so sorry. What a beautiful memorial for her. It does sound as if she just passed peacefully to the next stage of her life. I'm sure you will see her again one day. xxx

Sleep tight Callie. Run free over the rainbow. xxx

GemmasMom
10-10-2012, 06:29 PM
thank you, pompoms and lynternette. You are right... the other girls have seemed to have adapted to life without their sister :/ They have been finishing off all their food and cucumbers every night and have been more active than they were. I hate to say it, but I hope they have forgotten about Callie. I also hope my hamiliy will all be together with me some day... I miss my Gem, Cyleigh, and Calliegirl. :(

chulasweetchica
10-11-2012, 05:54 PM
Im soo very sorry for your loss,this made me cry,your memorial was so beautiful. Run free under the rainbows up on the bridge sweet one~