PDA

View Full Version : London Attack

SnuggleHam
07-07-2005, 06:08 AM
I just heard about London, I probably wouldnt have known if I didn’t see someones post on my Live journal, I then went and put on CNN. I think I understand what’s happened. Its horrible, it’s almost like the towers all over again. I remember when that happened, I was at a friends when I lived in Canada, I remember thinking if it was the end of the world, wondering if any moment nuclear missiles would start smashing into coast lines of different cotenants. I know its not on the same scale, the terrorist attack as the one in the US but it still has that same feeling...

What is homeland security going to do now! As my husband said in an email..

"Good old Homeland Security will rape our freedoms a little bit more"

Still its sad, I feel bad for all the people in England even for those who haven’t been hurt in the attack, because now the threat is more real for them as it is for us in the US, its now a fact of life that something like this "could" happen.

If your from the UK please check in so we know you are ok!

My heart goes out to those in the UK

Emma
07-07-2005, 08:04 AM
Ugh, it's been horrible this morning, but I've managed to get in contact with all my friends who work in central London now and everyones ok. The news is now saying theres about 40 dead and 150 seriously wounded.

Sadly, terrorist attacks have been a real threat here for a long long time, don't forget we've dealt with the IRA for decades, I remember especially the bombs in Warrington and Manchester when I was growing up. I don't know about anyone else but I've been expecting this for years.

I'm immensely proud of the way our emergency services are dealing with everything they have well rehearsed plans for these situations, and of the way everyone in London is dealing with it. My thoughts are with all those affected in London and their families.

SnuggleHam
07-07-2005, 08:13 AM
Yikes, last I heard it was 2 people found dead, but then Im watching it from the US you probably get the news faster being there. I figured the death count would go up, horrible, but Im glad your safe and so are your friends and family.

simpo
07-07-2005, 02:15 PM
I was in london friday-monday, using busses and trains throughout.. so a kinda odd feeling today

SnuggleHam
07-07-2005, 02:23 PM
I was in london friday-monday, using busses and trains throughout.. so a kinda odd feeling today

I don’t blame you Simpo, I guess its a good thing that fate or the universe whatever you want to call it didn’t deal you a bad card.. I hope that your family and friends are all well. :?

pophammy
07-08-2005, 09:23 AM
Someone I know's mum was in London when it happened and actually got on one of the trains that was hit but had to get off because it was too crowded. Lucky, huh! :roll:

SnuggleHam
07-08-2005, 09:28 AM
Someone I know's mum was in London when it happened and actually got on one of the trains that was hit but had to get off because it was too crowded. Lucky, huh! :roll:

Man! that pretty much a brush with death experiance, I wonder how she feels about that. Good thing she was picky about sharing her space. :?

babyboos
07-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Living and working in Edinburgh this week due to G8 I was concerned about a possible terrorist attack here - luckily it all seems to have gone off without too much trouble. I have been told the terrorist attack was as a result of London winning the Olympic bid.

afishcalledwanda
07-08-2005, 05:59 PM
Matt woke me up early yesterday morning to tell me what happened there. My heart sank. My thoughts are with all the UK and those who were attacked.

I am a stone's throw from NYC, DC and Pa where our attacks occurred. I smelled the smoke from the WTC for weeks and I'm in coastal central NJ.

As a child I used to play in those towers while they were being built. I grew up in NYC. I get tears in my eyes every time I drive into the city because I am so used to seeing those buildings that are now an empty space.

There is no excuse for this. The countries who are civilized need to stop the politicking, pussyfooting around for fear of hurting feelings and simply go out and hunt and kill these maniacs. There is no other way to do it.

They follow no rules. They are even killing their own kind.

They teach their children to hate. You cannot reason with these kind of fanatics.

They simply want to go back in time and this should never be allowed to happen.

Tell your husband, Candace, that Homeland Security will not rape any freedoms from us. The terrorists are doing that job just fine. Civilized and free and democratic countries are not to blame for this and them. THEY are. THEY did the damage. They have been planning this for over 30 years.

All civilized countries made and still make mistakes, but now is the time to stop political bickering and hunt and kill those who wish to kill and destroy us before they disrupt our way of life.

Keep your eye out for suspicious people. Don't be afraid to speak up if you see someone or something that disturbs you.

Be safe. Peace.

Coco1
07-09-2005, 10:55 AM
I'm glad to hear no one here seems to have suffered too much with either friends or family in london. Like I mentioned in one of my other posts my vet had gone there but thankfully they were fine. I also have other friends that live and work there but they're OK.

Its true, we've dealt with this with the IRA for years and I had a feeling that it had been quiet for too long. I hope they get these idiots. I definately think it was due to the G8 summit, they knew they'd be in scottland but knew that they could do more damage and cause more distraction if they did it in London. The US has had it, Bali, Madrid, London... where next? The thing is they do all this to accomplish, in my opinion, absolutely NOTHING other than taking innocent lives. Makes me sick.

Take care everyone...