PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye my beautiful Conan

Lynternette
09-29-2012, 03:13 AM
How can I write this through the tears. My beautiful baby boy has gone. How can I put into words the joy and happiness you have given.

It all started when my son and DIL asked if they could have a hamster. They came home one day and asked me to come and have a look at something. Ruth opened her hand and there you were. One gorgeous little golden and cream ball of fluff. Eyes like two shining black pearls. You were tame from day one and from day one I loved you. You were a little Houdini but we always knew where to find you, in the bag of spare tubes.

Then came the day when they went on holiday leaving me to care for you. I hadn't a clue but between us we muddled through. You'd sit in my hand and I'd sing to you softly. You'd always fall asleep.

Then they moved out leaving you with me and the dwarfies. Athena loved you. She would follow you everywhere. You never minded. It seemed a strange friendship. Eventually you had to go to your new home although I think you spent more time here while various jobs needed doing on their house.

Then came that dreaded day when you were diagnosed with cancer and I took over full time care. I discovered Hamster Central and realised that I was not the only mad, besotted hamster lover. You have all contributed to the care and wellbeing of Conan and for that I thank you all.

I'd hand feed you every few hours, wrap you in my cardi and cuddle you. You were so cold so I'd carry you around with me to keep you warm. It seemed so strange buying baby porridge for you. You loved it and even when you could hardly see you could smell it and your little nose would twitch. Twice I thought you were dying but you pulled through. This last time though was the final time. You hadn't the strength to fight anymore. I knew it was time to let you go.

For two years and ten months you were my little angel. So loving, funny, so determined to get what you wanted.

Freya, Juno and Athena will be waiting for you. Run free forever my darling. xxx

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q134/Lynternette/Conan-1.jpg

Willowthehamster
09-29-2012, 03:25 AM
I am terribly sorry lynternette he had a good life and now he is free from pain xxx
LOTS OF HUGS AND KISSES XXXXX <3
Willow xx

Knotty
09-29-2012, 03:31 AM
This has sent shivers down my spine. What a gorgeous fluff. Play well at the bridge. Hope you're okay xx

Silver
09-29-2012, 03:33 AM
So very sorry for your huge loss

Play well at the bridge Conan

Silver xxx

Call me Alison
09-29-2012, 04:01 AM
play well beautiful conan

you're truly missed xxxxxx

Hope
09-29-2012, 04:11 AM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. He was indeed a very special little guy.

Play well at the bridge Conan. xxx

kyrilliondaemon
09-29-2012, 05:17 AM
You had all of HC on your side Conan. You did really well, and your Mum cared for you so, so well. Its amazing how much of a survivor you were.
Play well at the bridge, its gained another of the real survivor hams today

Biscuit
09-29-2012, 05:39 AM
I'm so sorry. He was so adorable and always such a fighter.

Play well at the bridge little one. You will be missed. xxx

GhostsInSnow
09-29-2012, 05:46 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Lynternette
Play well at the bridge beautiful Conan xx

samzyzg
09-29-2012, 05:55 AM
Play Well Little one xx

Catherine Spark
09-29-2012, 06:05 AM
Oh...been seeing updates about Conan and knew he wasn't well...I am so sorry, Lynternette. He is free from the cancer now, and he knows he is loved. Play well Conan <3

The Hamster's family
09-29-2012, 06:14 AM
You should be proud of what you did for him... It's a very touching story, from a very touching family...

Rest well and have fun at the bridge, free of pain...

Annie xxx

HammieandMerlin
09-29-2012, 06:45 AM
What a beautiful goodbye (you brought tears to my eyes). The impact our little ones have on us is incredible and Conan was clearly the perfect example of this, I'm so so sorry for your loss, and rest peacefully little angel

Hammymad
09-29-2012, 08:03 AM
Awww Lynternette I am so sorry to hear of Conans passing ((((Hugs))))) he was such a fighter and that was because of the love and care you gave him throughout his life.
He will be forever watching over you xxxxx

chulasweetchica
09-29-2012, 08:04 AM
Im so sorry for the pain you are feeling in your heart...your memorial has touched my heart and I shed a tear....Conan was so loved and you are a good mommy~what a blessing to have Wonderful Moms like you in our World! Play and be free Conan and tell my sweet Alice hello~

shiny
09-29-2012, 09:09 AM
So sorry, Conan was beautiful & you cared for him so amazingly through his illnesses. I felt a real soft spot for him on HC as he was obviously such a character & a little fighter against his illness. Sending you our best thoughts and wishes, shiny & the hammies

Gillzy
09-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Rest in peace, Conan. My thoughts are with you, hun, it's never easy xxx

TraceyH
09-29-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm sorry you lost him but you definitely did the right thing. He's a legend now.

Tess
09-29-2012, 11:42 AM
So sorry for your loss, my thoughts are with you.

cathface
09-29-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm so sorry about Conan! may he RIP.

sully
09-29-2012, 11:56 AM
That brought a lump to my throat, im sorry! x

purple_x
09-29-2012, 01:19 PM
This memorial thread brought tears to my eyes :(

I am so sorry for your loss *hugs*

Sleep tight Conan x x x

Pompompoms
09-29-2012, 03:01 PM
Bless you, it must have been so hard for you today, I was thinking of you, and sending peaceful wishes to Conan all day as I didn't know what time you were taking him. Play well lovely boy, free from pain now xxxx

Lynternette
09-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Thank you all for your kind words, they mean a lot. I know all of you who have lost a little one know that feeling of complete emptiness. I've sat and held him and stroked him for one more time tonight. He looked so peaceful. Tomorrow he will be put with the dwarfies under the apple tree.

Arraminta
09-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Lynternette, that was so beautiful and heartfelt.. I could feel your pain... You were so brave helping him to the bridge. The greatest gift of selfless love.

Thinking of you, sending you big hugs

Play well at the bridge mighty Conan x

Arraminta x

Womblehands
09-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Rest well little one... xxxx

Take care of yourself hun x

souffle
09-30-2012, 12:37 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss lynternette. He was truly a special boy who will live on in your heart forever.
Play well at the bridge Conan and send a special rainbow to your mum to tell her you are safe x

RachK
09-30-2012, 05:59 AM
I'm so sorry you've lost Conan. Such a gorgeous little fella. xxx RIP Fluffster.

77sammy
11-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Lynternette, I know this was a while ago but I am sure Conan is still in your thoughts. I'm so sorry to hear about his passing. I haven't really been on the forum since I lost my syrian Rosa unexpectedly in August. Probably seems a bit daft but I have found it difficult.

It sounds like Conan had a lovely burial and I hope you can take comfort that he had a great life with you.