PDA

View Full Version : Silver/smoke pearl

Catja
04-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Will anyone be having a litter of silvers /smoke pearl in the near future?

Basia
04-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Towy Vale have some smoke pearls in the nest at the moment apparently. :wink:

Moosley
04-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Ohhh I want Smoke Pearls!! *grumbles about it being so late in the day*

Spuds Mum
04-20-2008, 02:02 PM
I will be picking up my smoke pearl girlie from Towy vale at Burghley (pre-booked a long time ago :wink: )

I am eventually hoping for a litter with Grey-ham Norton, my dark grey, which, looking genetically, should be made up of dark grey tort girls and smoke pearl boys. I can't wait and neither can a few other people either as I've already had interest from a few!

Well that's on the cards for the future anyway, but good luck in your search in the meantime. :D

Silver greys are also very popular at the moment, but you may find one of those too - I know Bourne Valley just had a litter that included silver greys and Carrington (now Scorpio syrians) did too. Think they are probably all gone now.

I did see a very sweet looking silver grey satin in my local P@H today though! so there breeders obviously have some out there :D

Moosley
04-20-2008, 03:04 PM
:!:

Spuds Mum
04-20-2008, 03:10 PM
I think all the others not spoken for went at Monmouth, but you could always email Towy I guess?

I know someone else is already on the waiting list for a Towy - so I am thinking they probably dont have any at the moment.

Moosley
04-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Bah well, Towy always have something exciting lol. I think Kat will ring them tomorrow as im working 7am until 8pm (doesnt that suck!).

Catja
04-20-2008, 04:54 PM
SPEECHLESS!

Basia
04-21-2008, 12:38 AM
I don't think they have any babies ready at the moment - they took them all to Monmouth.

souffle
04-21-2008, 03:39 AM
We understand your frustration Catya regarding some comments posted.
Please would everyone bear in mind that some comments may be upsetting to other users. Think carefully about the wording of your posts especially for example with regard to the value as breeding stock and death of animals.

The grey gene is not a robust gene and light grey and dark grey animals generally tend to be smaller than average hamsters as do animals containing this gene in their make up sometimes. This might explain the loss of some of some greys at a young age and. Light grey is also a lethal gene in that when a baby gets two light grey genes it will die in the womb. Light greys showing this colour have only one light grey gene. Mating light grey to light grey will produce smaller than normal litters as the babies who get two light grey genes will never be born.
Silver greys do not seem to share these problems though.