PDA

View Full Version : My Precious Clara Jane

essentiallysue
09-23-2012, 05:49 AM
Clara Jane passed away yesterday. I am still in grief. Can't write much. She was diabetic, but loved to eat her diabetic diet and lived to 14 months. I would have had her a year next week.

Silver
09-23-2012, 06:20 AM
Oh Essentiallysue,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It is normal to feel grief so be kind to yourself.

Clara Jane is not diabetic any more as she is now free of any illness, & playing happily at the bridge.

Silver xxx

essentiallysue
09-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Silver, thank you for your remark. You might like to know this. I held her until she passed away. She was dehydrated, but wouldn't take any pedialyte, hungry, but couldn't eat. She looked thin and terrible, not like she had looked a few days before. Then, after she passed away, her body was filled out like a normal hammie and she looked so peaceful in her sleep. While I held her, I prayed that she would not suffer. She's in a better place now.

Silver
09-23-2012, 11:22 AM
She is happy & free now, it shows that she looked peaceful in her sleep.

It gives us a little comfort to know they are in a happy place now.

Silver xxx

essentiallysue
09-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Just a little picture of the darling:
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii56/edrieharris70/100_0879.jpg

Silver
09-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Oh she has such a sweet face,

I love her cute little ears also, she looks like such a little darling I can see why she meant so much to you.

Her little paw prints will always be in your heart

Silver xxx

The Hamster's family
09-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Soo sorry for your loss... I was deeply touched by what you did for her. She left feeling safe... Feel proud of the kind soul that you have...

Hope you feel better soon, but take the time that it's takes...

Rest well, lil one and play well at the bridge...

Annie xxx

TraceyH
09-23-2012, 12:08 PM
She looked very cute and at least she had a great year being looked after by you.

essentiallysue
09-23-2012, 12:18 PM
We still have Jo Jo and our new Syrian, Billy. At night, when we went to bed, they would all three be frolicking in their wheels. Steve would say, "Good Night, Clara Jane, Good Night, Jo Jo, Good Night, Billy", and we would go to sleep knowing they were fine and happy. Last night, she was truly missed.

Silver
09-23-2012, 12:21 PM
They become such a big part of normal family life don't they.

Sometimes you don't realise

Silver xxx

Pompompoms
09-24-2012, 08:24 AM
What a beautiful little lady, I'm so glad you got to be with her as she moved on to the bridge, and to see that she was no longer suffering. Play well lovely girl xx

Catherine Spark
09-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Aw, she was sweet and dainty :) Fourteen months is a great age, especially when living with a chronic condition. Her passing could not have been more peaceful, and she must have felt secure, curled up with her mummy x

essentiallysue
09-25-2012, 10:20 AM
I don't know if any of the rest of you feel when one passes away, but inside I ask myself, "Did I not wash the veggies well enough?" "Was there something I could have done that I didn't do?" It is here that I can let those secrets be shared.
Before she died, I emptied her pouch, thinking that might be the problem. It smelled terrible! "Did she die of infection?" can't help but wonder.
I know I have to let all that go, but it is hard to do so.

Lynternette
10-02-2012, 03:42 AM
Its natural to try and blame yourself, we all do it when there's no reason. If you fed her, kept her warm and loved her then that's all she needed from you. I know you've been a fantastic mummy. xxx

Run free Clara Jane. xxx

souffle
10-09-2012, 04:37 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss. She was a real beauty
Play well at the bridge Clara Jane x