PDA

View Full Version : Can't believe I am writing this.

Spyridon
09-18-2012, 03:22 PM
But my darling Hughie has left me this evening.

I have to say I am 27 years old and had a lot of pets over my time (I also am a funeral director so deal with death everyday) but I am in tears, sobbing over this hamster, I posted a little while back about getting back into hamsters and going to a breeder this time, I was so so happy with my little man.
He was only about 6 months old I really don't know what happened, he was fine this morning but when I got back from my mums I noticed he was quiet and not on the cage door waiting for me to get him out. He was asleep in his bed. I just wish I could have noticed something or have I done something wrong.
I brought him having a phobia of hamsters and not once did he even think about biting me, he was everything I wanted too little black & white long haired, such a pretty boy. I can't look at photos yet and I have a very cheeky video of him on my phone, which hopefully soon I will be able to watch. I'm just so deverstated.

Thank you my darling Hughie. I will remember you always, rest in peace my little baby, you can now stuff your little cheeks as much as you like. I love you always xxxxx

de4life
09-18-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, especially when it's a ham so young. I lost my little girl Minnie at 10 months recently and it completely broke my heart, so I know exactly what you're going through. Don't blame yourself, it sounds to me like he went peacefully... it was likely a heart defect of some kind, impossible to detect :( if you feel you need to talk to anyone about this please feel free to PM me. Having gone through a sudden and heartbreaking loss of a young hamster myself (and being a similar age, 25) I'd be happy to speak with you if you need anyone to share your grief with.

Sleep well little Hughie.

chulasweetchica
09-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Im so sorry for your loss, doesnt matter how old we are and how many pets we have had but these cute sweet hamsters when we lose them rock our world! I was so devastated and out of my mind when sweet Alice died and Im 46 with 6 kids and pretty strong women but I lost it! They are our world it seems and we feel sad n lost without them. But I agree you shouldnt blame yourself and he was in peace and now on the bridge playing with all of our lil Angels~ You will feel better soon I promise~ In time you can give another Ham a home sounds like your a good mommy and there are lots of Hams who need good mommys~Take care~

Lougarry
09-18-2012, 06:06 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. Play well at the Bridge, Hughie xxx

StuCil
09-18-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm sorry to hear about it :( I'm sure Hughie had a wonderful life with you.

Play well little one <3

LoveThoseNoses
09-18-2012, 10:30 PM
My heart goes out to you. Hamsters live right next to our hearts.

Silver
09-19-2012, 12:35 AM
So very very sorry for your loss

You were much loved Hughie but I know you know this all ready.

Play well at the bridge little one

Silver xxx

The Hamster's family
09-19-2012, 05:07 AM
So sorry for your loss... Hope you get better soon and be in peace, he didn't suffer and left feeling safe and secure in the place you built for him... He'll watch over you and he hpes to see you smiling soon... Take care of yourself...

Play well at the bridge, lil one...

Annie xxx

souffle
09-19-2012, 05:58 AM
I am so very sorry. He shared a lot of love in his short time with you. You can just never tell with such little ones when they will be called.
Play well at the bridge Hughie x

Knotty
09-19-2012, 06:34 AM
Sorry to hear this. Wishes from HC!!

Spyridon
09-19-2012, 10:02 AM
Thank you all for you kind words, i have just buried him as it was so late last night and i was to upset and didnt have time before work this morning. When i picked him up he just looked like he was fast asleep, no signs of anything. he was one in a millon and i still go in my room expecting to see his little cheeky face, my lovely cocker spaniel (who loved him too) sat with me the whole time and gave him a kiss goodbye before we laid him to rest. I have a rose bush to go over his grave, its pink but im sure he wont mind!
Thank you all once again. xx

Rest in peace my cheeky Hubert hamster xxxxx

The Hamster's family
09-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Don't cry... Don't cry... *cries* Peace to both your souls...

Pompompoms
09-21-2012, 03:40 AM
Oh I'm so sorry, it's hard and painful when they are taken at any age, but it's always harder to accept when they are so young. Play well little one xx

Louby_84
09-21-2012, 02:55 PM
So very sorry for your loss!!!

They are our babies!!!
Sleep well Hughie xxx