PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye my little Monster

Hammymad
09-17-2012, 09:06 AM
I still remember the first day we brought you home, you were so tiny and had the most beautiful silky soft peach coloured fur and the cutest pinky nose, I was scared of holding you incase I hurt you and on your first day with me, you escaped and had me,my mum and boyfriend scrambling about on the floor for ovee an hour trying to re-capture you!!! It was so funny and showed me just what a little character you were going to be!

It wasn't long before you had me wrapped around your little paws and I wouldn't of had it any other way!

You proved this April 2012 just how much of a little fighter you were when you had 1 of your kidneys removed, as soon as you got home you were climbing up your cage, demanding cuddles and attention, even with a huge wound/scar all the way down your tummy, you didn't let anything stop you or stand in your way of what you wanted. And then a few weeks back you were diagnosed with Aneamia and started losing alot of weight.

There are too many things to list that I will miss about you, some of my fondest memories of you are-
when it was your 2nd Birhday and I made you a hammy friendly cake, I even put a candle on it and sang "Happy Birthday" to you and you woke up and it looked like you were smiling.

I'll miss the way I'd be sat on my pc chair or at the dining table having tea and I'd see you standing on your little retirement bench waiting for me to pick you up for cuddles and baby food and if I didnt see you you would squeak to get my attention (that is something you learnt from you big sister Holly)

I'll miss the way that every day before I'd pick you up, you'd wake up,stretch and then toddle over to your loo and then come over to me for cuddles, even when you mustn't of been feeling good you still never peed in your nest you always went to your potty.

I'll miss being out shopping and buying different, yummy veggies,fruits etc for you, and watching you stuff your cheeks to the point of popping and then watch you go and empty them into your tubes!

you were my little best friend, my very first Hammy, and you will always hold a special place in my heart, I feel so lost without you, you were definately a hammy in a million and you will always be "mummies little monster"

here are some of my fave pics of Cookie throughout her eventful life xxxx

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s489/Krissiec/cookie18.jpg

when we first got you

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s489/Krissiec/cookie16-1.jpg

you sat on my shoulder

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s489/Krissiec/cookie21.jpg

you in your HH

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s489/Krissiec/cookie14.jpg
You smiling on your 2nd Birthday

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s489/Krissiec/cookie4.jpg
you eating baby food off a spoon

http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s489/Krissiec/cookie3.jpg
you with your Birthday card

I'll miss you always, I just hope that you know just how much you helped mummy over the past 2 years xxxxxxx

"Sleep tight Cookie Monster- born 31 May 2010, fell asleep 15th Sept 2012"

TraceyH
09-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Oh no, another one of my fave hams gone. I love the black eyed creams. She reminds me of my Antonio.

At least she had a great life with you and was adored.

Lougarry
09-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Oh no, I know how special she was to you. Run free at the Bridge, much-loved Cookie x

Silver
09-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Very sorry for your loss,

Cookie sounds like she was sent to you for a reason & she lived up to that.

Play well at the bridge Cookie

Silver xxx

gutterglitterxx
09-17-2012, 11:18 AM
What a lovely memorial.
Play well and sleep tight, Cookie. xx

Womblehands
09-17-2012, 11:36 AM
Sleep well Angel xxx

Hammymad
09-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Thank you everyone,losing Cookie has brought in a bout of my depression,but I am trying my best to keep positive xxxx

Pompompoms
09-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Oh I'm so sorry, I know how loved and adored Cookie was. He was such a gorgeous ham, and will watch over you from the bridge looking out for you xxx

The Hamster's family
09-17-2012, 07:34 PM
So sorry for your lost... He'll take care of you from the bridge... Hope you get to feel better soon...

chulasweetchica
09-17-2012, 09:15 PM
Your memorial was Beautiful,I felt the love you had for lil Cookie~so glad you two found each other,rest and play well sweet Cookie~ I hope you feel better soon.

Moodle
09-18-2012, 12:31 AM
RIP little Cookie Monster <3

Hammymad
09-18-2012, 04:24 AM
thanks guys, I still can't believe it, I am going to make a little memory box of stuff so I'll always be able to look at it when I want to, I've already got a few things to go in xxxx

RachK
09-18-2012, 06:22 AM
Awww baby Cookie how cute was she? As I've already said over on FB Krissie so sorry you lost Cookie. She had the most wonderful life & passed a very cherished & loved ham. RIP fluffy girl.

Hammymad
09-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Thanks Rach xxx

My mum has just bought me a little grave marker,and I'm having it personalised for Cookie xxx

Biscuit
09-18-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm so sorry. Cookie was always a fighter. I'm so sorry she had to go. R.I.P little one. You'll be missed lots and lots. xxx

de4life
09-18-2012, 12:08 PM
A lovely memorial, he was clearly a very loved little guy. Sleep well Cookie.

Louby_84
09-18-2012, 02:59 PM
What a beautiful ham!!! Defo you were supposed to be together and I'm sure Cookie will be watching out for you.

RIP cookie

Hope you feel better soon <3

Hammymad
09-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Thank you all. Xxxx

souffle
09-21-2012, 03:44 AM
I am so sorry to hear your sad news. Cookie was a charmer indeed.
Play well at the bridge Cookie x

Hammymad
09-21-2012, 05:06 AM
thanks Souffle xxx

I am struggling big time with the loss of Cookie, I knew I'd take it hard, it'll be 1 week tomorrow since she passed :( xxxx

Louby_84
09-21-2012, 02:35 PM
You've lost a member of your family... I totally understand. I'm sure once you have your box of memorials and you have some beautiful pics. You have a constant reminder of Cookie. It just takes time for the healing to happen.
I have a box in my attic that has something from all my hambo's over the years. I go up there and look at them from time to time. I still have the food dish from the hambo my fella & I got not long after we first got together (nearly 11 years ago).
The positive thing is that Cookie will be up there with all the other fab hambo's from here and they will all be playing together and watching over us!!!

Try to stay strong and remember how happy you made each other
<3 <3

Hope
09-22-2012, 04:08 AM
Im so sorry for your loss :( A beautiful tribute for a beautiful girl. Its clear that she was a hamster in a million, and the 2 of you had a special bond.

I know it is hard, but I promise that there will be a time when you can look back and smile at all the happy memories she has given you. xxx

racinghamster
09-22-2012, 09:03 AM
She was dearly loved and it`s natural to feel the way you do honey. Remember the good times and remember, you gave her so much love and a great life and that is what matters. x

Hammymad
09-27-2012, 10:36 AM
Thanks everyone. I had a little slate grave marker/memorial stone made and have put it where we buried her.
I am getting back on my feet,but still finding it hard without my little OAP xxxx

Lynternette
10-02-2012, 03:28 AM
Such a lovely memorial for Cookie. The sadness will go away but never your memories. In time you will have nothing but smiles when you remember her. xxx

Sleep tight Cookie. Look out for my Conan. You'll have a wonderful friend to play with. Run free little one. xxx

Hammymad
10-03-2012, 11:29 AM
My Cookie and your Conan will be playing together at the bridge xxxxx