PDA

View Full Version : Looking to adopt in Somerset (live in Yeovil but happy to travel!)

MrsRuxpin64
09-14-2012, 08:04 AM
Hello all,

Anyone know where we can adopt a couple of Syrians in the Yeovil area (happy to travel up to 25 miles as don't want to stress the hammies)?

Lucy
x

Vectis Hamstery
09-14-2012, 08:17 AM
You could contact the Southern Hamster Club secretary who is based in Somerset. She often has rescue hammies.
Email Contacts (http://www.southernhamsterclub.co.uk/new/index.php?option=com_contact&view=category&catid=12&Itemid=62)

MrsRuxpin64
09-15-2012, 06:06 AM
Thanks Vectis, I shall email her today :) I don't suppose you know any breeders in Somerset/Dorset, we live in Yeovil so not sure how far hammies are ok to travel? Had a terrible experience with pets@home; had to have our third beautiful furry friend put to sleep on Thursday (my birthday!), all within abut 7 weeks :( It's been heartbreaking, but since my first hammie (Bertie) who I adopted from a friend, I've fallen in love with them and can't be without the little fuzzballs :) We still have little Dot (chinese dwarf), but two empty cages and lots of love to give! x

Vectis Hamstery
09-16-2012, 09:36 AM
There's Somershire Hams in Somerset which rescues more then breeds. In Dorset there's Aussie Hams and South Coast Syrians (I believe they have litters at the mo). In North Hampshire there's Bourne Valley Hamsters.

There's also a hamster show on Saturday at Bowood House in Wiltshre, and one in Bath on 3rd November where hamsters will be for sale. Hamsters travel very well in appropriate carriers - I've brought them back from Holland.