PDA

View Full Version : Discolouration

Mollz
04-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Well Amelie has had a very small dark bit around her bum from the day we have had her and I have been paranoid that there is something wrong with her. Now, she got judged at Thame and the judge didn't seem to think there was anything wrong (and she obviously looked at her bum to sex her), so I think it should be fine, but what do you think?
I have tried wiping it and it is not poo or discharge and is literally a circle which is only about a mm wide. It doesn't smell either (although she wiffs tonight as she is on heat!).
Shall I see if it gets noticed tomorrow? If it doesn't, then I may get someone to have a look to see what they think anyway.

Oh, and she is so lively and perky (and very indignant about being turned over!) with no signs of being ill at all. And as I said, she has had is since we collected her at 6 weeks old! Is it just a mark?

Theodore
04-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Hi Mollz

I don;t know anything about the discolouration but I wanted to ask, when a female hammy is on heat, what does it smell like :?:

Mollz
04-18-2008, 12:51 PM
Hi Mollz

I don;t know anything about the discolouration but I wanted to ask, when a female hammy is on heat, what does it smell like :?:

Um really tough question - it doesn't smell like anything else so I wouldn't know how to describe it - but once you've smelt it you will never forget it!

Theodore
04-18-2008, 12:53 PM
Ah so it's not a pleasant smell then? :lol:

Mollz
04-18-2008, 12:53 PM

Well, it's different!

Bourne Valley Hams
04-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Girlies quite often are a little stained in that area - I am sure it is nothing to worry about.

Mollz
04-18-2008, 01:01 PM
Girlies quite often are a little stained in that area - I am sure it is nothing to worry about.

Thank you Sue!!! I was really hoping you would reply. I'm just a bit paranoid over my pets' health.

Thanks again :D

Bailey-Benji
04-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Hi Mollz

I think it smells like musky Sugar Puffs :x :x :x :x

(you'll never eat sugar puffs again now :x )

Theodore
04-19-2008, 02:26 AM
You've got that right Bailey_Benji :lol: :lol:

souffle
04-19-2008, 09:08 AM
I think they smell a bit like twiglets. :shock: It is very recognisable and some colour seem to smell more that others. Cinnamons can be very whiffy :?

Spuds Mum
04-19-2008, 11:10 AM
How very indelicate :oops: I think they smell like marmite or bovril :oops:

Mollz Mum
04-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Eurgh, that's now put me off of breakfast cereal, marmite on toast and my favourite snack!!!! :x Desperately thinking of something it smells of other than food..............

souffle
04-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Hey you agree spud's mum. I think twiglets are flavoured with marmite :lol:

Yaffle
04-19-2008, 01:12 PM
What a funny conversation! Luckily I don't like marmite or twiglets anyway so I can't be put off them!

My cinammon Yeti is very pongy, but not as bad as my dark golden Mojito, poor Gus got a right scenting today at Brockholes :lol:

agatecrystal
04-20-2008, 08:07 AM
It's like a very strong urine smell.

Catja
04-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Now Kretchmer is surrounded by boys she is whiffy most of the time, and its so strong that I smell of it too!

Defnitely a smell not forgotten after 20 years of not having hamsters when Kretchmer first went on heat it took me straight back all those years to my brothers hamsters :lol: