PDA

View Full Version : People with slideshow avatars- How???

September
09-10-2012, 02:11 AM
I made a slideshow thing on photobucket, since I now have two hams, and was trying to put it as my avatar, and I can't get it to work! (80x79, so it isn't too big) It keeps saying invalid file. How did yall get it to work??

Hope
09-10-2012, 03:45 PM
http://www.hamstercentral.com/community/announcements-bug-corner/4993-animated-avatar-shop-17.html#post369778

Im not good with stuff like that but Leedgurl runs a shop for these also, as well as the sigs, ask her advice, or get her to knock you one up :) She is pretty busy at the moment though so you may not get a response straight away.

leedsgurl
09-11-2012, 12:11 PM
I''m not sure how Photobucket creates them, but I make them in Photoshop as animated GIFs, so it could be that the Photobucket file types are not supported by the forum, or the file size is too big (as it needs to be less than 19.5KB )

If you'd like to request one in the avatar shop I'll have a look when I have some time :)

Erin Loves Dwarf Hamsters
09-11-2012, 12:42 PM
leedsgurl how do you go about getting the GIFs onto the forum as I have been trying to upload my animated avatar GIF file and just can't get it to work. It just says File upload failed and then my avatar becomes the first image in the file (as you can see right now).

Do you upload yours to another site first and use a BB code or URL?

leedsgurl
09-11-2012, 01:48 PM
I haven't had an avatar myself for a while, but when I had an animated one I think I did just upload it as usual, but I think you have to make sure its 80x80 and less than 19.5kb otherwise it wont work. If that still doesn't work then you may have to host it elsewhere (I use photobucket for hosting usually)

It's worth saying as well that I always make my animated avatars with a slow rotation, incase anyone has sensitive eyes, as if everyone had a fast moving avatar it could get a bit headachey!

Hope this helps!

September
09-11-2012, 02:33 PM
But you see, I have mine hosted on photobucket! Everytime I try to paste url or whatever, it tells me it's an invalid url -_-