PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye my Woody

njwilde
09-09-2012, 01:36 AM
It has been three weeks today since they took you away from me and it still pains me incredible to think I will never see your cute face again. This week it was the first time since your death that a memory of you climbing our stairs made me smile again so I thought it is the right time to write your memorial. I would build a statute for you if I could but I appreciate the fact that hamsterlovers around me made this thread to honour all you beautiful creatures.

I fell in love with you at the pet shop when you were sleeping on your head with your bum in your face, it looked so funny and original and as there was another hammie your colour in there, the silly pet shop woman said to me:" it does not matter which one, does it?" when taking one out and I said, "no I want the one in the corner sleeping on his head" and I could tell by her looks she thought I was crackers but I didnt care. When I came home I wanted to give you some time in your new cage but you walked out right back into my hand straight away, I was completely overwhelmed by the friendliness and trustworthiness of you. You liked to climb a lot in your cage at the beginning and often fell from the top floor but seemed to enjoy it so much that I let you. Then you calmed down and your yet to date the calmest hamster I have ever seen, you always sat with us, we could stroke you and you always looked so surprised. I would have so loved to know what you were thinking.

When you met my guinea pigs you were indifferent but as guinea pig Ian was very friendly and wanted to smell at you, you went up on your foot with a kung fu type posture, I am still laughing at Ian's confused face. Woody, I miss you so much, you were my everyday sun, in the short time of 5 months I had you there were only a couple of evenings without you. You were such a nice friendly hamster, I hate sitting here on my own watching telly or sitting on the bed, no human and no other pet can ever replace you however much I love them but you meant so much to me and I am so grateful to have had you and I hope you had a good life.

I will never know what happened to you on your last night, I so hate the fact I was not there. It was hard enough before my holidays to say goodbye to you for 2.5 weeks. If I had known I would never see you again, I don't think I would have gone anywhere without you.

I love you forever, my little Woodster, you are my California Star:

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j441/njschmitz/th_August082.jpg

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j441/njschmitz/th_August141.jpg

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j441/njschmitz/th_August073.jpg

http://i1086.photobucket.com/albums/j441/njschmitz/th_August030.jpg

Silver
09-09-2012, 01:58 AM
So very Sorry for your sad loss of Woody.

I feel your pain & love coming through in your lovely memorial

Play well at the bridge Woody

Silver xxx

Circe
09-09-2012, 02:23 AM
This choked me up, so sorry for your loss! <3

de4life
09-09-2012, 07:50 AM
A beautiful memorial for a beautiful little man. I know how much you loved him, and I'm positive he knows that as well. Sleep well little man, and keep Minnie company on the bridge :)

chulasweetchica
09-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Your memorial is beautiful, Im sorry for your loss~

njwilde
09-09-2012, 11:57 AM
Thanks guys. He left a big hole in my heart but also provided me with so much fun, I hope he meets some lovely and equally kind spirits wherever he is.

The Hamster's family
09-09-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm hearth broken... so sorry for your loss... Hope you get better...

Play well, cutie...

xxxx

Elliriyanna
09-09-2012, 12:12 PM
You loved him so much and he knew that. He was gorgeous. I am so sorry for your loss

Pompompoms
09-10-2012, 04:25 PM
What a gorgeous ham, he sounds like such a lovely little character too. PLay well little one xx

Lynternette
09-12-2012, 01:42 AM
Your memorial shows just how much you loved Woody. Its how we all feel about our babies so we can understand how heartbreaking it is. xxx

Sleep tight Woody. I hope you have found the biggest hoard of meal worms ever. xxx

souffle
09-21-2012, 03:54 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss :( He was clearly an adored hamster x
Play well at the bridge Woody