PDA

View Full Version : Budgie Nest Boxes?

linford27
09-04-2012, 11:21 AM
Hi

I'm looking for a nesting box for my budgies, one that:

*Has a mould/dip inside in the shape of a nest (to prevent splayed legs and keep eggs togerther)

*can be opened by me to clean and look in (preferably a top opening, not side)

*attaches to the OUTSIDE of the cage, accesed by budgies from the inside of the cage.

Already looked on zooplus, but it doesnt attach to the outside :(

Wondering if anybody can reccomend a website to order one from? I'm having difficulty finding a suitable one!

Linford

September
09-04-2012, 11:34 AM
Have you tried looking on the breeding section of talkbudgies? I can't remember what the box is called, but there is a plastic on that sounds just like what you're describing. You should give it a look

sully
09-04-2012, 11:35 AM
I used to breed budgies many years ago, i had the breeding cages with the nest area within the cage that opened seperately from the outside, i also bought the dipped base inserts seperately, they are called 'concave bases'. Can you not hang the box to fit on the door?

linford27
09-06-2012, 08:06 AM
I used to breed budgies many years ago, i had the breeding cages with the nest area within the cage that opened seperately from the outside, i also bought the dipped base inserts seperately, they are called 'concave bases'. Can you not hang the box to fit on the door?

The box doesnt come with any clips or anything, so i guess its deisgned to go on the floor or in an avairy. I wouldnt know how to conncect it the the cage door? Is there something i could connect it with?

Thanks, i'll have a look at talkbudgies