PDA

View Full Version : Toby passed away...

Francescamice
09-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Hi all,
Not been on here for some time. Toby my 2 year old male syrian passed away today, he was in great health and he was out playing with me on the landing last night and on his wheel. I saw him this morning when I fed him and he was fine.
I checked in his cage at about 4pm this afternoon to find him in his house with his head out, eyes wide open but still. Its as if he was frozen. I lifted the roof off the house and he was slightly warm which led me to believe he had not long died. He looked just like he was looking out of his house,really strange.
I checked him over and no cuts bumps etc..he seemed so fine in the morning, all i can think of is he had a heart failure, dont know, has anybody experienced this before?
Iam really heartbroken.
Fran

Stockannette
09-01-2012, 02:17 PM
So sorry for your loss.

Michelle89
09-01-2012, 02:18 PM
So sorry for your loss :( xxx

de4life
09-01-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss. It sounds like it was quick, so a heart attack or something similar is most likely. Difficult to say for certain as they are such fragile little creatures :( it sounds like he was loved whilst he was here, and I'm sure he'll be waiting at the bridge to thank you when the time comes. In the meantime, play well little one.

BrittanyCaple
09-01-2012, 03:29 PM
This is similar to how my syrian, Nibbles died. Pretty much exactly the same story apart from my syrian was going to bed and didn't quite make it and I found him laying on his stomach with his eyes shut. I also assumed it was heart failure.

Sorry for your loss x

shiny
09-01-2012, 03:50 PM
So sorry :(

gutterglitterxx
09-01-2012, 03:55 PM
So very sorry for your loss. :(
Play well and sleep tight, Toby. xxxx

Pompompoms
09-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Oh bless him, it does sound like he passed very quickly and wouldn't really have known anything about it. Play well little one xx

Silver
09-02-2012, 12:42 AM
Very sorry for your loss of Toby,

Play well at the bridge Toby

Silver xxx

PezPus
09-02-2012, 12:52 AM
So sorry for your loss :(

R.I.P Toby

Lynternette
09-02-2012, 02:57 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Toby. It sounds as if he passed peacefully. xxx

Night night Toby. Play well little one. xxx

njwilde
09-02-2012, 04:57 AM
:( Oh no, I am so sorry. RIP Toby.

Woody died like this two weeks ago and he was only 8 months, half in half out of his cage although he was seen two days earlier fit as a fiddle. I will never know how it happened, brain aneurysm, stroke, heart attack....It s so awful as you don't have time to prepare yourself. Hope you are stronger than me when coping with this. Hugs!

Francescamice
09-02-2012, 02:34 PM
thankyou everybody for your kind words and thoughts much appreciated x

Francescamice
09-03-2012, 03:38 AM
Yesterday (Sunday 2nd) I buried Toby in my mother in laws beautiful rose garden. I couldnt bury him in our garden as ours is all flagged and paved with large pond - so no soil areas at all. I am very grateful to my mum in law, I really appreciated her gesture. Toby is buried under a lovely rose bush, and I placed a goodbye note with him. My mum in law even made a cute little cross to place on top of his grave...
I will never forget Toby, I loved all my hamsters but none like Toby. I am thinking about getting another hammy soon. I know he/she wont "be" like Toby, as we all know that our fury friends each have their own characters and personalities, I feel that giving your love and attention to a new hammy definately helps with the grieving process.
Tobys baby pic is on my avatar - does anybody know of breeders in North /Lancashire that breed black and whites syrians?
thanks
Fran

souffle
09-06-2012, 04:06 AM
So sorry to hear of your loss. It sound like it was his time to be called. He has left some special memories for you to treasure.
Play well Toby :(